Podcast #16 - Mike Posehn & Dave Foley on the Strike Series

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: Podcast #16 - Mike Posehn & Dave Foley on the Strike Series

Post by Niode »

I seriously want to make love to the guy who made the theme-tune to this podcast. It made me hard.

Seriously though, I'll admit I haven't listened to the podcast in a while and since recently discovering the iTunes feed (seriously, why is this not advertised more?) I've been listening to them on my iPhone. You have done a great job on making these interesting even going back to ones made months ago. It's still relevant and interesting to hear what the guests have to say.

I suddenly have the urge to go play Jungle or Urban Strike.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Niode wrote:I seriously want to make love to the guy who made the theme-tune to this podcast. It made me hard.

:lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

Very short compared to some of the others, but overall I feel it was a pair of quality interviews on a series I'd never really given much thought that really generated some interest for me. I need to pick up the SNES Strike titles, the only one I ever played was Nuclear Strike, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Keep up the good work Ds.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Ack wrote:Very short compared to some of the others, but overall I feel it was a pair of quality interviews on a series I'd never really given much thought that really generated some interest for me. I need to pick up the SNES Strike titles, the only one I ever played was Nuclear Strike, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Keep up the good work Ds.

I quite like the Strike series, I played Desert Strike to death when I was young. I really enjoyed the open ended mission structure and the way it just let you get one with the objects on your own. It's kind of like the forerunner to sandbox based games. I can't think of any other games at the time that had that sort of gameplay.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

The Posehn interview was a little weird at moments to me. I found it sort of strange that he had no interest in games before or after. So at times I felt like he wasn't really even interested in discussing games. I don't know. Did anyone else get that vibe a bit or was it just me?

The Foley interview was really cool. He was great last time too. Insightful. It was kind of funny that he kind of called the Sega CD nothing but a mass-storage solution with no real extra hardware. All I could think of was how much my parents paid for that thing at launch-Christmas. Ouch.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:The Posehn interview was a little weird at moments to me. I found it sort of strange that he had no interest in games before or after. So at times I felt like he wasn't really even interested in discussing games. I don't know. Did anyone else get that vibe a bit or was it just me?

The Foley interview was really cool. He was great last time too. Insightful. It was kind of funny that he kind of called the Sega CD nothing but a mass-storage solution with no real extra hardware. All I could think of was how much my parents paid for that thing at launch-Christmas. Ouch.

Yeah, I'd have to agree about the Posehn interview. There were a few times where I wondered if you had expected the short answers he was giving, Ds.