Fighting Fantasy DS

Level up here
Octopod
Next-Gen

Fighting Fantasy DS

Post by Octopod »

I dont think I have seen anything about this here yet. This has me pretty excited. I'm hoping for a whole series of these much like the books if it ends up being decent atleast. The first one Warlock of Firetop Mountain I'm guessing is based on the Fighting Fantasy book of the same name release some 20 odd years ago.

Linky to developer Big Blue Bubbles Fighting Fantasy page...

http://bigbluebubble.com/index.php?page ... ame_id=473

Edit: For those who dont know Fighting Fantasy were books like the Lone Wolf series. Kind of a cross between an RPG and a Choose Your Own Adventure book.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: Fighting Fantasy DS

Post by Octopod »

Noone cares ...tt
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

I cares! that looks amazing. Like The Elder Scrolls scaled down to a DS. Definitely gonna get it, even though I've never read the books.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

lol. when i clicked on this thread I thought it was final fantasy....

anyway nice concept art,
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Did you see the screen shots? If you scroll down there is screen shots. Does kind of look like a DS Elder Scrolls game.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

http://www.edge-online.com/news/big-publishers-%E2%80%9Cnot-interested-in-ds-only-titles%E2%80%9D

I hate game company execs, cause they are asshole, who don't play game themselves, they just had money, saw that there is money in video games, and bought their place in the board. that's why only company's with gamer execs do really well (see blizzard, valve, nintendo ect.)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Well Im glad they have a publisher. Hopefully this game does well enough to warrant making some more of the series. I wonder how hard it is for developers to self publish.

This is semi related. Lone Wolf DS. I never messed around with flash cards and the like for ds so I dont even know how to go about playing this but it looks awesome. Specially for a one man deal.
http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php
kunoh
8-bit

Post by kunoh »

I loved the old Fighting Fantasy book series. I had about 5 or 7 of those books back in the day, and they were pretty cool. I liked the illustrations they had inside - some of them were pretty creepy. I like the fact that while you turned to the next page to continue your journey, you sometimes ended up reading other pages and wondering "hey - that sounds cool.. how do I get there?" Anyways, I will probably pick this game up when it comes out.

Regarding Lone Wolf:
It's great that he's porting over Lone Wolf to the DS. I will have to check this out when I finish Chrono Trigger on the DS.. hehe.
Systems Owned: Saturn, DC, SNES, NES, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, N64, DS, GBA, NEOGEO Pocket