Post by Bradtemple87 »

TMNT tournament fighters, that game is insane
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Cheapest AI for a Fighting Game

Post by Gamerforlife »

Dylan wrote:I'm surprised Guilty Gear isn't on this list. The first one was a joke, literally any AI could use their instant kill attack to end the entire match in 1 single hit, and they acted far too quickly for any human to recover. Not to mention that boss fights in that series got increasingly preposterous (Order Sol).

Guilty Gear was pretty brutal now that you mention it, but MK games. It's like after a few matches characters in the old MK games could read your moves and would just find a way to counter EVERYTHING you did.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
c0r33
32-bit

Post by c0r33 »

Droid party wrote:Finally played Street fighter 4 the other day and Seth was pissing me of majorly. Just as I'd almost have him put away, he'd suddenly pull out this insane series of special moves to beat me. Controller snapping rage ensued. :evil:

Thats seth for ya !

Ya gotta control him and block. Make sure you counter and keep the fuck away. The worst part about seth is that he giefs you to death so play counter gief then he plays shoto style lol
Check out my sale/trade thread Click here
Mendoza
128-bit

Post by Mendoza »

I always hated the MK monster bosses. Just lazy design. They didn't even have real move sets. Just the old "i do more damage than you do, and I take less from you"

SNK bosses in general were pretty annoying.

Street fighter got progressively worse. Remember fighting Bison the first time. He slaughtered you but you could figure out a strat for him. And for the most part he had to play by the rules.

Rugal and Omega Rugal, hah, forget figuring it out, just pray.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

c0r33 wrote:
Droid party wrote:Finally played Street fighter 4 the other day and Seth was pissing me of majorly. Just as I'd almost have him put away, he'd suddenly pull out this insane series of special moves to beat me. Controller snapping rage ensued. :evil:

Thats seth for ya !

Ya gotta control him and block. Make sure you counter and keep the fuck away. The worst part about seth is that he giefs you to death so play counter gief then he plays shoto style lol

I appreciate the help, but I have no idea at all what the hell you just said. I've always been a casual sf fan, but I can beat the bastard now. However sf4 may well be enough to finally draw me in, so good.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

slowslow325 wrote:Every fighting game I've played has had cheap AI since they can do everything perfect and don't need to attempt to type in memorized codes in under .00001 seconds.

NO offense man but if you think the AI is cheap and hard in every fighting game you must not be that good... As for my vote, I would have to go with Virtua Fighter.. Put that sucker on hard and going against Kage and Akira are like going against Japanese/Korean pros... It's absolutely insane... Honorable mentions goes to the Guilty Gear/Blazblue series.... Freaking Nu 12 and Hazama are as cheap as it gets and Justice in the first Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX story mode are damn near impossible... I-No was cheap as hell as well, I literally wanted to kick my TV in on here.. Igniz on KOF 2001 is ridiculous as well..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

All fighting games have the problem of being cheap because the game is programmed in a way that the CPU will only ever move when you are moving, in otherwords it reads your controller inputs.
The KOF games are the most noticable example of this because on some games you can stand still and the CPU will stop moving as well.
Sonicx360
24-bit

Post by Sonicx360 »

Obviously Mortal Kombat, even on "Very Easy" mode turned on. :x

The cheap-ass AI in MK just forces me to SPAM, which I do not always condone in fighting games.

Besides MK, King of Fighters seems to have a very cheap AI, notably the bosses (especially Magaki in KOF XI).
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Soul Calibur III! The only way I can beat it is by throw-spamming. I can beat the arcade mode in all of the others on normal, but at the end of III I'm reduced to a screaming, neurotic mess after playing on EASY. WTPF, Namco.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Mortal Kombat, definitely.

Lately though, I've been hating BlazBlue for it's final boss. I still don't know how to kill Boss Hazama. There's no excuse for a final boss to be that difficult. Not even Igniz is that freaking bad.

I'd like to get good at BlazBlue, but I need to at least be able to beat arcade mode. Biggest waste of $40 I've made in a while.