Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Ack Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Whoa Arcana must be really short or you marathon'd it.


Haha, it is quite short. There are fewer than 15 bosses, in 9 "dungeons" which stretch together to feel like 5, spread across 5 chapters. I filled out the map in each place, which caused me to level to the point that grinding wasn't needed.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
NihonRobot
24-bit
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by NihonRobot Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:23 am

1. Liberation Maiden (3DS) - 1/6
2. Dead Space (360) - 1/11
3. Anarchy Reigns (360) - 1/13
4. Dead Space 2 (360) - 1/17
5. Dead Space 2: Severed DLC (360) - 1/17
6. DmC Devil May Cry (360) - 1/22
7. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) - 2/5
8. CoD of Duty (Web) - 2/7
9. Dragon's Dogma (360) - 2/12
10. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (360) - 2/13
11. Dead Space 3 (360) - 2/18
12. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (360) - 3/5
Image
User avatar
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by AmishSamurai Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm

1. Ys Origin (Hugo run)
2. FTL- Faster Than Light (used Kestrel B model)
3. Dishonored (Low Chaos run)
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.


I'm a girl btw
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Gamerforlife Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Hazerd wrote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - PSN
Didnt like the graphics honestly, the original on SNES is better and feels more true to the comic/tv show, unfortunately you cant buy this on XBLA/PSN anymore, i bought it when it first came out and never really played it till i took my PS3 over to a friends and we did some 3 player action.


Yeah, it didn't even feel like a remake given how much they changed the original. It's like something new entirely. I think they couldn't just give us the original arcade game or the SNES version due to licensing issues. They no longer had the rights to the music for example.

I really wanted a straight port of the arcade version, since it never got a console release. This is even more disappointing given that we now have perfect ports of X-Men Arcade, the first Turtles games, and The Simpsons Arcade on XBLA/PSN. I agree though, that the SNES version is the best version of the game. I'd have happily taken an XBLA/PSN port of that version with some trophies/achievements and an HD upgrade.

All that being said, I bought Re-Shelled as a sort of digital collector's item when I heard they were taking it down, even though I don't totally love the game.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9578
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Stark Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Games Beaten in 2012 = 32

Games Beaten = 1

I kinda bummed at how little I've beaten so far this year, but I've sunk over 80 hours into Persona 4 and haven't beaten it yet, so I guess that could be where a lot of my time to play has gone. :)

1/21 To the Moon (PC)
This reminded me of my recent first time play-through of Final Fantasy IV. No, not in gameplay or anything, but just my utter surprise that 8/16-bit graphics could illicit such emotions from me. Don't let the RPG-maker graphics fool you, this game has an excellent, well-spun tale, that will pull at your heartstrings. I was throughly engaged from start to finish.

2/28 Kentucky Route Zero: Act I (PC)
Picked this up when it got greenlit on Steam last week. This seems best described as a "text adventure game with graphics". That's really what it evokes for me, is sitting down and playing Zork or something like it and having the enviroment around you painted with words and then you have some graphics to just further give gravitas to what you're reading. And that writing is just darn excellent. It seems I'm transitioning more and more to games with story and less focus on gameplay and these two games are further proof of that. This Act 1 of 5 and I cannot wait for more (apparently in April?)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Damm64
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 am

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Damm64 Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

1- Fallout: New Vegas + Dead Money + Honest Hearts
2- Fallout 3 + Operation anchorage + The Pitt
3- Dead Island (PC)
4- Enslaved: Odyssey to the west (PS3)
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Image
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Ack Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Stark wrote:2/28 Kentucky Route Zero: Act I (PC)
Picked this up when it got greenlit on Steam last week. This seems best described as a "text adventure game with graphics". That's really what it evokes for me, is sitting down and playing Zork or something like it and having the enviroment around you painted with words and then you have some graphics to just further give gravitas to what you're reading. And that writing is just darn excellent. It seems I'm transitioning more and more to games with story and less focus on gameplay and these two games are further proof of that. This Act 1 of 5 and I cannot wait for more (apparently in April?)


I've been wondering if this was really as good as the reveiwers made it sound. Have you tried the free KRZ "demo," Limits and Demonstrations? And is the game worth the current price? I'm also kinda wary about buying part 1 of 5 and then having to wait...
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Gamerforlife Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Stark wrote:Games Beaten in 2012 = 32

Games Beaten = 1

I kinda bummed at how little I've beaten so far this year, but I've sunk over 80 hours into Persona 4 and haven't beaten it yet, so I guess that could be where a lot of my time to play has gone. :)

1/21 To the Moon (PC)
This reminded me of my recent first time play-through of Final Fantasy IV. No, not in gameplay or anything, but just my utter surprise that 8/16-bit graphics could illicit such emotions from me. Don't let the RPG-maker graphics fool you, this game has an excellent, well-spun tale, that will pull at your heartstrings. I was throughly engaged from start to finish.



It's surprising too how adult the story is in the truest sense of the word i.e. not being a game full of swearing and sex, and also how the things it explores are real life issues people can relate to.

Stark wrote:2/28 Kentucky Route Zero: Act I (PC)
It seems I'm transitioning more and more to games with story and less focus on gameplay and these two games are further proof of that.


PC Adventure games will do that to you. There was a time when I turned my nose up at games that focused so little on gameplay, but games like To the Moon have stories so good you can't ignore them. Plus, I like getting to play relaxing games. Titles like To the Moon or The Walking Dead series are not very taxing games to play through. You can just enjoy the ride.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9578
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Stark Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Ack wrote:I've been wondering if this was really as good as the reveiwers made it sound. Have you tried the free KRZ "demo," Limits and Demonstrations? And is the game worth the current price? I'm also kinda wary about buying part 1 of 5 and then having to wait...

I didn't play the demo before I got the game, I'm curious of what it covers from the main game. I think you should wait, as according to some resources I read (after buying the game unfortunately) that the game will be coming out over the course of the year. So you may not have Act V coming out until Dec/Jan. My guess is that it will be discounted to half (at least) the price it is now in an upcoming Steam sale. That being said, yes I do think that it is "that good" and I'm sure the finished product will be worth the $25 asking price.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Games Beaten 2013

by Luke Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 am

1. Batman Genesis
2. Golden Axe Sega CD
3. Streets if Rage Sega CD (I'm keeping the typo)
4. Streets of Rage 2 Genesis
5. Super Mario Bros. 2 NES
6. TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan Gameboy
7. TMNT 2 The Arcade Game NES
8. TMNT Hyperstone Heist Genesis
9. Call of Duty Black Ops 360
10. Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis
11. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Genesis
12. Sonic CD Sega CD
13. Kung-Fu NES
14. Mega Man 2 NES
15. Out of This World SNES
16. Flashback SNES
17. Altered Beast Genesis
18. Pit-Fighter Genesis
19. Aladdin Genesis
20. Aladdin SNES
21. Ghosts n' Goblins NES, twice
22. Contra NES
23. Bionic Commando NES
24. Strider NES
25. Batman NES
26. Duck Tales NES
27. Ninja Gaiden NES *new*

I hit a bit of a wall on the last stretch of the last stage and had to walk away from the console for a while. I wasn't dying left and right, rather I hadn't died once until I got to the middle of the last stage, and then I died at the same darned spot, and I was really hoping I would beat the game without using a continue.

I also got a phone call while the ending was playing, but I was able to snap a few pictures of the ending sequence.
Image
Image
Image
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests