Super Puzzle Fighter II X HD Remix for XBLA & PSN

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Super Puzzle Fighter II X HD Remix for XBLA & PSN

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

XBLArcade.com wrote:Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix downloads Capcom’s incredibly popular puzzle game into the new generation. This fall, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade, PLAYSTATION® Network and PC in its greatest incarnation to date. The new version of the game features newly created 1080p HD graphics, several new game modes, improved game balance, new stage backgrounds courtesy of Udon Entertainment and online play.

The Capcom arcade classic receives a whole new look as Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix comes to both the, PLAYSTATION® Network and Xbox LIVE this fall. Capcom will maintain the integrity of the popular game by utilizing the original game code while upgrading the graphics with new artwork and high resolution 1080p images. Again, all of the art, from character animation to stage backgrounds, will be completely redrawn by Udon Entertainment, the company responsible for the official US Street Fighter series of comics. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will include both online and offline competition for one to two players.

So happy to hear about this game going to be downloadable. I've been looking at the screenshots, they where not kidding with the whole upgrading the graphics, I mean they really did rework on the graphics, although the characters don't look much at the moment I am hoping to see some new sprites.

The Shots

Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Yup, the characters just have a simple filter. How come everyone loves this game anyway? I've always found it to be pretty dull, and absolutely impossible to form any decent chains in a way thats more effective than just tearing away at your blocks layer by layer.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:Yup, the characters just have a simple filter. How come everyone loves this game anyway? I've always found it to be pretty dull, and absolutely impossible to form any decent chains in a way thats more effective than just tearing away at your blocks layer by layer.

I don't know. There isn't really anything overly exciting about it, but its just a very well-rounded puzzler with the Street Fighter charm
marurun

Post by marurun »

Read my post in the Fighters category here. Capcom is also release SSF2T HD, with graphics redone in HD by Udon Comics. More details in fighters...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Perseid
32-bit

Post by Perseid »

I am so hyped about this game. I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into the whole Xbox Live Marketplace thing, but with Boom Boom Rocket and now this I think I am going over to the dark side.

While it is true that this is just another versus-style puzzle game it was one of the first if not THE first game like that, and I feel it was balanced well. A group of us got really good at it and would have ad-hoc competitions.

And for the record I'm not really a Street Fighter fan. I just like this game. :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

Um, no. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo was not by LONG stretch the first head-to-head puzzler. The original Tetris was head-to-head and predates it by quite a bit. Puyo Puyo was probably one of the first primarily head-to-head puzzlers and not only predates SPF2T by many years but, in my mind, is even better, if only by a bit.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

marurun wrote:The original Tetris was head-to-head...

What?
marurun

Post by marurun »

There were two Tetris arcade machines released in 1988. One was by Sega and the other by Atari. I believe the Atari one came out first and it featured 2 player head-to-head. Also, the first Tetris on the NES, by Atari, also had 2P head-to-head. The later Nintendo NES Tetris didn't have head-to-head but the Gameboy Tetris featured 2P competitive if you had a Gameboy link cable.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

marurun wrote:There were two Tetris arcade machines released in 1988. One was by Sega and the other by Atari. I believe the Atari one came out first and it featured 2 player head-to-head. Also, the first Tetris on the NES, by Atari, also had 2P head-to-head. The later Nintendo NES Tetris didn't have head-to-head but the Gameboy Tetris featured 2P competitive if you had a Gameboy link cable.

Man, Tetris information is such a clusterf*ck. Everytime I tried to study into it's roots, I found nothing but convoluted lists of dozens of developers. It's like the Tetris name was raped and ripped to shreds, dividing and rocketing into every corner of the known universe.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Video of the gameplay:
http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/04/sup ... i-ps3.html

Only thing noticeable in the compressed video is the new explosion effects.
Interesting nonetheless