Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroAX »

Segata wrote:Japan still has the 1up on the west on robots and those suits they wear to lift the elderly in and out of bed.

And toilets. (and I'm not even joking here)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

ZeroAX wrote:
Segata wrote:Japan still has the 1up on the west on robots and those suits they wear to lift the elderly in and out of bed.

And toilets. (and I'm not even joking here)

No, we know. No one can stop Japan's toilet capabilities.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

So, a Game Informer article says (suggests? I saw it mentioned in a news reel) that Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming to Switch.

I'm honestly super interested, as that seems (IMO) like a good indicator for 3rd party support. I've been feeling for a while that Switch might be pulling some of the better done but not demanding PC style games. Assuming PC focused debts are willing to throw a bone (or already have Android system support).
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

It's confirmed for Switch. They flat out said they were bringing it over.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Damn, the PowerA "comfort grips" for Switch are absolute trash. The plastic is insanely cheap and they're properly uncomfortable to hold because the backs don't go up enough! I'm just gonna shell out for the joycon charging grip that Nintendo makes themselves.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

The Whole mega man legacy collection is a single package on switch... with the second half being download only.

Damn it Capcom, quit doing this. Things like this lead to piracy, or at the very least hacking of the console, which will reduce sales even further.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Capcom cheaped out yet again eh? What's next? SF30th having just the original game on a 1GB card and the rest for download? They're really starting to piss me off with that stuff. That reason alone is why I do NOT own RE Revelations because I don't want a half baked solution where I'm having to foot the wasted space on an intangible download.

You're right, I'd be very tempted to pirate it as a middle finger because they refuse to buy a card that's just a step larger.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ugh. This shit really needs to stop.

It makes me laugh that the delay of the 64gb carts was seen as a big deal when cheap-ass companies can't even be ****** to use a 16gb or 32gb card to put their games on.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

Hackers gonna hack, pirates gonna pirate, ain't got nothing to do with Capcom. I can promise you there is NOBODY, literally NOBODY who will hack or pirate in protest when they wouldn't have otherwise. And anyone who throws that at you as post-hoc explanation is offering up nothing more compelling than the, "Well, I wasn't gonna buy it, anyway" defense.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

A bit broad, there are cases even if they are not the majority. I used to rip stuff off that I normally wouldn't have, though later some I did end up grabbing even if it was years or decade plus later. Back in the 90s when the internet was newer and people starting getting visibly angry over copy protection, some of it that would cancerously devastate a computer due to corporate paranoia and greed I'd do it. Stuff like starforce which would screw with your CD APIs in many cases causing your burner not longer to properly function in general (even after the game wasn't in the drive, or even installed anymore) I would not allow but wanted the game. I'd steal it, happily as a middle finger, yet years later when the company re-released the program without the bs involved, I paid for it, as it was fun and replayed it again. Not a majority or normal thing, but there are valid reasons to screw with a company due to their short sighted or cheap pocketed stupidity.

If piracy were possible and boots of Switch games were sold. I'd buy a pirate of Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 if it included 2 on the card. Any game that fakes being physical to make you download a large mandatory chunk of it because they're skinflints I'd do it. But if they came back later and did a proper full release I'd buy it. Same with Super Bomberman R being broken on the card they still sell from Konami that requires the second update made to the game to fix it that has stayed download only. If a patched game were warez copied I'd buy that. I already paid for the Konami beta, they got their funds on a lie. I'd have no conscience about it.