Street Fighter: The Movie
V.I.P

Why do I own these?! :lol:
Ack

Re: May, 2019 - BAD TO THE BONE!!!

by Ack Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:13 am

That's ok, I own some entertaining...stuff myself:

And there is always this classic:

And Lagoon isn't a bad game at all, you just have to get used to it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am

GUNFORCE!!!!

Such a great name...it’s too bad it’s wasted on a game that should have, by all rights, been awesome. I mean, really....a run-n-gun...developed by Irem...titled “GUNFORCE”. How could it have gone so wrong?

I’m also thinking about playing some games that just dumped on classic series: I’ve already pulled Contra Legacy of War, and I noticed today that Bomberman Act Zero is old enough for TR. Vigilante, the spiritual successor to Kung Fu, is also a steaming pile of garbage; so, I may spend some time with that.

How is Double Dragon V? Is that game bad enough for bad games month? Are there any other notorious misfires in great series? (I’d play the CD-I Zelda games if I could, and I’m looking into getting the DOS Mega Man games running on an Android tablet.)
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 am

Think I've emulated DDV at some point... the characters are so small.

I'd think the two 2D Bubsy games on SNES & Genesis count? I've never really played past first level or so on either. I have dove into the Jaguar game which is a unique 3rd title vs a port. It's not as bad as they say, but that float/fly mechanic has to be mastered. I think these get lumped in with Bubsy 3D. Time to see... imagine they're just overly average.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:I'd think the two 2D Bubsy games on SNES & Genesis count? I've never really played past first level or so on either. I have dove into the Jaguar game which is a unique 3rd title vs a port. It's not as bad as they say, but that float/fly mechanic has to be mastered. I think these get lumped in with Bubsy 3D. Time to see... imagine they're just overly average.

I've only played the original Bubsy. I'd encourage you to play it. Stick with it, make a serious attempt to beat it.
I used to be in your camp of thinking it was mostly "average-ish" but no, that game is awful until I attempted to make a serious attempt to beat it about two years ago. The first few levels aren't terrible, but as you progress the game's poor design starts to really show itself. I managed to get past the western/cowboy themed levels and that's where I gave up. I now believe the original Bubsy is absolutely a monstrosity that deserves every bit of hate that gets thrown at it.
Return to Together Retro