Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Random xbox Achievement/Gamer Score Questions

by Jagosaurus Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 am

I've been really enjoying the 360E I picked up in January (first one I've had access to since 2009). I'm trying to make an effort to pick up or DL games compatible with xbox One as I know I'll get one eventually.

That said, I read your gamertag and associated gamer score will transfer over (360 to One) but not your individual achievements per game. First, did I understand that right?

Secondly (assuming above is correct), couldn't people work the system and replay their compatible 360 games, gaining achievements (and gamer score points) for a second time on XBOne? Essentially, double dipping.

While I know they're pointless, just curious. Wish the oXbox compatible games had achievements added in for some added replay value!
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Random xbox Achievement/Gamer Score Questions

by Jagosaurus Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Looks like I found this answer. You can "double dip."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013 ... -same-game
My Mod Threads
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 am

Not sure if you're curious about PS3/PS4 as well but it's mostly case by case there. Sometimes a release has two separate trophy sets across the two platforms or sometimes the trophy sets are shared. I even played an imported version of REmake PS3 and got several trophies a few years ago, then more recently played the newer PS4 release to get the rest of the trophies in the same set.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 am

Interesting. Thanks Xeo. I haven't had a PS3 since around 2009... but you never know. There's a handful of exclusives I want to experience (Last of Us!).

I don't plan on really exploiting this on xbox, but I am going to pick up a One console here soon to play Halo 5. Likely Christmas. Highly likely I'll run back through the 360 Halo games at some point on the new console. Was wondering if I should just wait to find all the hidden skulls. Starting looking that up and went down a rabbit hole.

Find it odd xbox live spans between generations for online play but they can't track achievements.

Oh well, pointless question answered.
My Mod Threads
Return to Sony and Microsoft