PSP memory card issues

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: PSP memory card issues

Post by Exhuminator »

If you look at this link, the seller BoBotechnology is selling the real deal. Use it with two of these and you should be doing fine.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

format both together in the adapter on the PC then format it on the PSP. it will work.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Just throwing my 2 pence in. I used one of those adaptors back in the day for my PSP and had no end of problems with it. You could literally make a clone of a Memory Stick onto the micro SD and the Memory Stick would have no problems but you'd find weird artifacts on the SD. Saves not being recognised, ISOs refuse to boot, the memory card disappearing from the system until you take it out and put it back in. Quite frustrating really. Just stick to Memory Sticks (as annoying as that is).
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Niode wrote:Just throwing my 2 pence in. I used one of those adaptors back in the day for my PSP and had no end of problems with it. You could literally make a clone of a Memory Stick onto the micro SD and the Memory Stick would have no problems but you'd find weird artifacts on the SD. Saves not being recognised, ISOs refuse to boot, the memory card disappearing from the system until you take it out and put it back in. Quite frustrating really. Just stick to Memory Sticks (as annoying as that is).

You know what sadly I'm half tempted to do that(because I don't think I want to chance losing another 10 hours of progress...at least I think it was that much in ff1, in a game I just want to beat and be done with, that's a lot of time down the hole), just wish they made one in a decent size(I need to look around) if I can even still get one, which with everyone clearing everything related to it(and vita sadly) I think I have to check out ebay or amazon :?
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
lwcook
128-bit

Post by lwcook »

I had similar trouble with that adapter, especially trying to boot PSX games.

The single micro sd adapter has worked flawlessly for me so far (2 years or so I reckon.) Looks like this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-SD-SDHC-T ... 3a7a4e89b2

The dual adapters were great back when larger sd cards were more expensive, but now you can get the single card adapter and a 32gb legit micro sd for under $20 shipped, so it's just easier to go that route.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

lwcook wrote:I had similar trouble with that adapter, especially trying to boot PSX games.

The single micro sd adapter has worked flawlessly for me so far (2 years or so I reckon.) Looks like this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-SD-SDHC-T ... 3a7a4e89b2

The dual adapters were great back when larger sd cards were more expensive, but now you can get the single card adapter and a 32gb legit micro sd for under $20 shipped, so it's just easier to go that route.

I've also had problems booting PSX games on PSP with a (unbeknownst at the time) fake Memory Stick. It was a crappy Chinese clone, no wonder it was so cheap. Damn Sony and their stupid memory sticks having weird protection in them. What's the point?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Niode wrote:What's the point?

Sony has always been keen to produce proprietary recordable media, from Betamax to PS Vita memory cards. The point being that Sony can manufacture these things cheaply but charge a large profit due to them being exclusive.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Exhuminator wrote:
Niode wrote:What's the point?

Sony has always been keen to produce proprietary recordable media, from Betamax to PS Vita memory cards. The point being that Sony can manufacture these things cheaply but charge a large profit due to them being exclusive.

It was a rhetorical question.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Niode wrote:It was a rhetorical question.

You have to make the question mark blue next time.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Niode wrote:It was a rhetorical question.

Sorry but should know rhetoric and sarcasm don't travel through the written/typed word more often than not....
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?