Games Acquired 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Reprise wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:16 pm
prfsnl_gmr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 am The Firemen (Super Famicom)
Hey snap! I don't know if you saw, but I also picked it up the other month (although I got the PAL version).

It's a really interesting and fun game. What do you think of it?
I thinks it’s interesting and fun! I’ve only played though the first two levels, but I really like it so far. I also have the PS1 sequel; so, I may play through both back-to-back (along with The Ignition Factor to see how it compares).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yup I got Stellar Blade.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

BoneSnapDeez wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 pm Image

Yup I got Stellar Blade.
I've actually been considering blowing the dust off of my unloved PS 5 to give that one a shot. WOW! An actual REAL Playstation 5 exclusive! That's NOT on the PS4. You don't see that very often!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 pm Image

Yup I got Stellar Blade.
Get that PS5 game out of the way! I see some Atari carts back there

Another fun pick up recently…I got a CIB copy of Mr. Run ‘n Jump off Woot for $19.99. It’s, basically, an Atari-published 2600 homebrew, but it’s still the first official, Atari-published 2600 game in decades.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

emwearz 2024 Pickups
Running Total: //
Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Fable II (360) - $2.00AUD / $1.32USD via
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup (PS2) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - $4.25AUD / $2.80USD
Wii Music (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65USD
Wii Play Motion (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65USD
Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65USD
Harry Potter (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65USD
Skater XL (PS4) -$12.00AUD / $7.83USD
Robocop 3 (SNES) -$11.89AUD / $7.74USD
Halo 5 Gaurdians (Xbox One) - $5.00AUD / $3.27USD
Forza Horizon 3(Xbox One) - $4.00AUD / $2.61USD
WiiSports Resort (Wii) - $4.00AUD / $2.61USD
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One) - $5.00AUD / $3.27USD
Yooka-Laylee (PS4) - $5.00AUD / $3.27USD
Sing Party (Wii U) - $4.15AUD / $2.71USD

*all prices include postage

Went into an Opshop and spotted Toad Treasure Tracker (Which I own and left for the next person on the hunt) on the shelf in the DVD's and decided I had to hunt through the 3 big cases of DVD's and see what else was hidden and I came away with these

Pikmin (GCN) - $3.00AUD / $1.96USD via Thrift Store

Animal Crossing (GCN) - $4.00AUD / $2.61USD via Thrift Store
The disc is not in the best condition, but I tested and the first 10 odd minutes played without a hitch.

Grim Fandango (PC) - $2.00AUD / $1.30USD via Thrift Store
I have 4 in this line of LucasArts reissues, I think I just need Full Throttle and I am done.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DISC ONLY (Wii U) - $5.00AUD / $3.27USD via Thrift Store
This is how I originally played the game, I have printed out an insert and it sits nicely with my Wii U games now. Was a nice surprise when I opened the case.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PS3) - $3.00AUD / $1.96USD via Thrift Store

Forspoken (PS5) - $10.00AUD / $6.53USD via Amazon
Game gets a lot of hate, in its current state it is an enjoyable game. The side missions get old relatively fast, so I do enough to stay powered while going through the story. Seem how strong it can finish.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I am really enjoying Stellar Blade so far. The combat is really fun, although I am struggling with the parry and dodge timings. The atmosphere, world design and music is all spectacular. It has Nier Automata vibes, which I love.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 pm I am really enjoying Stellar Blade so far. The combat is really fun, although I am struggling with the parry and dodge timings.
This is my pet peeve with modern action games now. I hate that parry, perfect dodge stuff, and I hate them for the very reason you stated
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Raging Justice wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:23 am
Reprise wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 pm I am really enjoying Stellar Blade so far. The combat is really fun, although I am struggling with the parry and dodge timings.
This is my pet peeve with modern action games now. I hate that parry, perfect dodge stuff, and I hate them for the very reason you stated
I don't mind them in some games, but it does feel like so many modern games attempt to use those kind of mechanics and some are more forgiving than others, or some have more erratic enemy attack patterns that make it difficult.

The problem I have is it often turns action games into something that almost resembles a rhythm game and I suck at rhythm games. I have no rhythm :lol:

Stellar Blade does have a skill tree system though and there are options to make the parry and dodge windows larger, so I might choose those as my next upgrades and see if it helps.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:37 am
Raging Justice wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:23 am
I don't mind them in some games, but it does feel like so many modern games attempt to use those kind of mechanics and some are more forgiving than others, or some have more erratic enemy attack patterns that make it difficult.

The problem I have is it often turns action games into something that almost resembles a rhythm game and I suck at rhythm games. I have no rhythm :lol:

Stellar Blade does have a skill tree system though and there are options to make the parry and dodge windows larger, so I might choose those as my next upgrades and see if it helps.
Yeah, I'm still interested in trying it if I can find the time. I seem to rarely ever have time to actually PLAY anything these days. I've been picking up lots of games in recent months, yet have played very few of them

The recent Prince of Persia had accessibility options for parrying as well. I still hate that it's mandatory for every action game to have these systems in place now though. One of the most annoying things about the gaming industry is how when one game does something and has success, every other developer then feels like they have to jump on the bandwagon like a bunch of sheep. Remember when quick time events were in EVERYTHING a few years ago? Anyway, I do appreciate that those accessibility options are there for the parry stuff. Thumbs up for that.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Should I start collecting Evercade games? I wasn't super interested in the Evercade before, but I like that they focus on physical media. Also, it seems they are releasing a new and improved version of the system soon (EVERCADE VS-R). I see they have incorporated Switch style, handheld gaming too. The Evercade seems pretty cool. It looks like their games come in those old, Sega Genesis style cases. That's also pretty cool.