Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Post by Raging Justice »

I caved and bought Megatron directly from the company's website. He's only 50 bucks! Unless you buy from some douchebag on ebay, which I don't recommend. I might pre order Prime too. These are really just disassembled action figures from what I've seen rather than true model kits, which is awesome. I bought a model kit for something once, and while it looked nice, it was a PAIN to put together. I've always wanted a nice looking Megatron and I love all things G1 Transformers

EDIT: Some awesome looking, newer action figures in this guy's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5KWYKWWpA
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I bought one model kit once during the first lockdown. It was fun to put together, but fiddly. I put one piece on the wrong part and ended up breaking part of it trying to get it off :roll:
Last edited by Reprise on Wed May 08, 2024 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

I hadn't built a model in ages, but one weekend recently I fished out a Boba Fett kit that had been sitting in my closet for ages. I had a genuine blast putting it together, and when it was finished, it looked really great. Kits have come a long way since those awkward, brittle Gundams I used to build in high school. I feel like I'd like to do some more, cost and time allowing.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think this is Lego for a lot of people. "I want to build something complicated with a lot of parts but I don't want fiddly points of failure that will derail me." That's Lego for adults.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.