Sega 60th!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Blu
Next-Gen

Sega 60th!

Post by Blu »

Sega is soon celebrating its 60th anniversary, June 3rd, 2020. It's been revealed that there's a revolutionary announcement forthcoming, in Famitsu's June 4th article. What could it possibly be!?

There's a new character, Sega Shiro -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jVV1hv ... e=emb_logo The actor, Maito Fujioka, is playing a character named Sega Shiro. Maito is the son of Hiroshi Fujioka, who portrayed Segata Sanshiro.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/japanes ... ly-famitsu

Let's all dogpile on the rumors of what is most likely to happen. Dreamcast 2 announced and Sega finally wins the console war.

Paging Keith Apicary.
Last edited by Blu on Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Big Sega Announcement on June 3rd

Post by stickem »

hopefully something other than another mini system
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I think a Saturn Mini could be rad! I doubt it's that, but if it is I'd be happy. TBH I have trouble imagining modern Sega really doing anything to shake up the industry.

My fear would be that it's a plan to develop games exclusively for smartphones or something.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

My guess is a heavy partnership with one of the major console players.
I feel like that's the only thing that makes sense from what Sega could pull off at this point and would be big enough to be such a big "scoop".

I feel like Sega's resources just aren't there anymore and they would benefit more from just being bought out by Nintendo and, to a lesser extent, Microsoft or Sony.

It's sad, but there's so much great intellectual property in their library that just isn't being utilized well.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Shenmue 3.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

racketboy wrote:My guess is a heavy partnership with one of the major console players.

I think this as well... I know the same day PS5 is having something going on. So either Sony will be adding SEGA... or MS will try to offset the PS5 media with a partnership with SEGA on the same day.

Or maybe they are making another console... let's hope its not like the new Atari and Intellivision. Wait... because of those two systems, I doubt they will be making a new console.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Whatever it is, I bet we will see more of it at the New Game+ Expo later in the month.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Dreamcast 3.

You heard it here first.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

CFFJR wrote:Dreamcast 3.

You heard it here first.

Brilliant! I never saw it coming! :lol:
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I can't for the life of me work out what it could be. Sega and a revolution, as well as it being "a scoop as big as the Wired PS5 reveal", just makes no sense at all. Things I have been expecting from Sega are... well the new Sonic game and mostly predictable stuff. Maybe a Dreamcast mini at some point, but I'm not expecting one.

It's a weird one. Some kind of exclusivity deal or a buy out isn't particularly exciting, nor am I expecting one...

Fuck it, I'm going with:

- Dreamcast Mini
- Dreamcast 2
- Shenmue 4
- Skies of Arcadia Remastered
- Skies of Arcadia 2
- Jet Set Radio Remastered Collection
- Jet Set Radio 2/3 (was a Future a true sequel?)
- Virtua Fighter 6
- Sonic Generations 2
- Sonic Adventure 3
- Sonic Mania 2
- Nights 3
- Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328