SNES Classic - What's YOUR list of games ?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: SNES Classic - What's YOUR list of games ?

Post by Michi »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:[*]Kidou Senshi Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079 (for the nostalgias)

Ah yes, who among us doesn't feel wave upon wave of childhood nostalgia whenever the phrase "cross dimension 0079" is uttered? I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Coming from pierrot, that does't surprise me.

What surprises me is that out of that whole list, Micky's Magical Adventure made the cut.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, after a run through the Mushroom Cup, we waded into Donkey Kong Country, and now I'm thinking I need to see about adding DKC2 to the list. My fiancee hasn't played it. I'm also thinking of getting her to try all the other games the SNES Classic came with to see if any click.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

OK, I got around to installing some games on mine.

30 games is definitely the perfect number for the thumbnail view. It looks like you could squeeze one more in there, but it would clip. And if your TV has overscan on, the 30 will fit edge to edge perfectly.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Ziggy587 wrote:OK, I got around to installing some games on mine.

30 games is definitely the perfect number for the thumbnail view. It looks like you could squeeze one more in there, but it would clip. And if your TV has overscan on, the 30 will fit edge to edge perfectly.

I kinda like that you can only put thirty games on there. I'm sure most of us here have downloaded complete ROM sets for the entire SNES library... which we never play. It's that classic choice overload. Too many options makes it hard to make a decision.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

You can certainly put a lot more on there (I have), and the folder setup isn't the most elegant, but it works.

Anyway, the original question says we can take away games, so to give me more slots, I'd pull Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, SF II Turbo, Kirby's Dream Course, Star Fox, Star Fox 2 (ironic, given that's partly what prompted me to buy the system), and probably Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (even if I like it). I'd also cheat and swap Super Mario World for Super Mario All-Stars + World.

Replacing them would be:

Terranigma
Demon's Crest
Chrono Trigger
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Super Street Fighter II (or Street Fighter Alpha 2, because despite not being as good as the arcade game, it's still good!)
Front Mission: Gun Hazard
Treasure of the Rudras

And for the remaining nine slots, assuming I've counted correctly:

Dragon Quest VI
Breath of Fire II
Ninja Warriors
Final Fight 3
Tecmo Super Bowl III
Return of Double Dragon
Dragon View
Rockman & Forte
Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Michi wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:[*]Kidou Senshi Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079 (for the nostalgias)

Ah yes, who among us doesn't feel wave upon wave of childhood nostalgia whenever the phrase "cross dimension 0079" is uttered? I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Coming from pierrot, that does't surprise me.

What surprises me is that out of that whole list, Micky's Magical Adventure made the cut.

How did I miss this?

See, I think the problem is that not enough people here know the exceptionally mundane joy of Gundam Cross Dimension 0079. All of you playing your Fire Emblemses, and such. You could be playing peak Fire-Emblem-adjacent games, with mechs instead.

I thought Mickey's Magical Adventure was generally well regarded--. Where else am I supposed to get my 'Disney Mouse vacuuming fire in a firefighter's uniform' fix, Michi!
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Magical Adventure is solid. All the games in that series are, actually.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Sarge wrote:Magical Adventure is solid. All the games in that series are, actually.

Disney was regularly publishing great games during the 16-but era.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Sarge wrote:Magical Adventure is solid. All the games in that series are, actually.

I actually hated the third one. Felt really lazily constructed, and just generally off, somehow, to me. Second one was still good, but I didn't like it as much as the first.