Together Retro: Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Join in on our classic gaming club!
racketboy
Site Admin

Together Retro: Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Post by racketboy »

The first western release in Konami’s long running Goemon series, this title has you taking control of the hero Goemon (known as Kid Ying in this localisation) and his wacky colleague Ebisumaru (or Dr. Yang, as he’s known here) as you adventure through a bizarre version of historical Japan.

http://www.racketboy.com/together-retro ... ical-ninja
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Post by Hazerd »

Always loved this game as a kid playing it with my brother (i always had to be dr yang...) kid yang and his yo-yo is so much better. :lol: :roll:

The music is also really good, and love how they mixed sort of top view with side view platforming, but the game gets too hard later on. :x
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm on it. I'll be starting as soon as I finish the RPG I'm currently slogging through.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

This game is fun and challenging. I'll be joining in this month.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'll be playing this month. A buddy of mine is coming to visit over the long Easter weekend, so we'll try and do the whole game co-op then.

I'm also planning to try and play through The Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on N64 this month too.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Awe Man, this is one of those games that I have always wanted, but never found. I have only seen it a few times out in the wild and I never picked it up. :cry:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

One of the first SNES games I truly enjoyed and re-rented a whole mess of times.

I got my own copy on eBay 10 years ago for the low low price of $3.75. Now it's about 10 times as much loose. Come to think of it, I probably picked up a lot more stuff for cheap around that time too such as Mario All Stars. It was easier to buy and collect then!

Speaking of money, the best way to make it in this game is to go to the Lottery minigame and rubberband the A button on your SNES controller, you're guaranteed to have around $20K in an hour. I used to do this all the time. But watch for those hard to write down passwords!

You better believe I'll be back on it!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Definitely down for this one.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Put some time in this evening.

I dunno if this is gonna do it for me, honestly. I think I'd prefer it if it was a straight platformer. Not feeling the whole grind/shop/inventory thing.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Put some time in this evening.

I dunno if this is gonna do it for me, honestly. I think I'd prefer it if it was a straight platformer. Not feeling the whole grind/shop/inventory thing.

I'm honestly glad it isn't just a straight platformer and we should all feel fortunate Konami took a chance on such a distinctly Japanese series and brought it here. The minigames are what make the game special. All of them. Heck, to have a whole level with nothing but every minigame available to play and an option to buy more time to stay longer really sold it for me back in the day. I was always sad when I had to leave and that small vertical bridge section was like me leaving a real amusement park.

Thanks to the Retron 5, I can make a ton of money on the very first level's dice game, but I found the max bet is only $3000.

Also I nearly forgot about
The hidden $100 to the right of the entrance of Horo Temple in the first level which manifests itself as the head of Kid Dracula!

It's also got great music, sounding even better in stereo for sure. I only had a small cheap mono TV with my SNES at that time.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.