Maze of Galious, what do you think?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Maze of Galious, what do you think?

Post by Erik_Twice »

I have a version of it on my Wii that lets me change tilesets so it looks prettier. What do you think of it? Is it worth playing and a Japanese classic or has it aged poorly?
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Maze of Galious, what do you think?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I dig it. One of the reasons I got an MSX (though I have yet to obtain the game!). It's great on Famicom too.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

It's pretty good. It's worth a try at least, considering you already own it. I didn't know it was on the Eshop, though! I'll have to find that little bugger.

And if you don't like that, Hydra Castle Labyrinth is a fantastic update of the formula. Just keep in mind that ALL items that have some kind of passive or active function are found in the over-map, not in dungeons. The only things in dungeons are just the map, cape, and key, and each dungeon has their own.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

You guys oughta give Malaya's Treasure a shot on MSX.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

I had a translation patch applied to a Famicom cart of the game. I think it's pretty darn sweet.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

So, I'm a little confused. I was pretty sure that only Majou Densetsu (Knightmare) was on the virtual console, and the wiki appears to confirm this: Can search for it by pasting 魔城伝説 into the find field.

I like the original, but Majou Densetsu II is much better. I have it for the Famicom and it's very fun. Grind-heavy, but fun. The two games are completely different in terms of gameplay, though.
Last edited by pierrot on Mon May 30, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warlord
8-bit

Post by warlord »

Maze of Galious is a GREAT game. In fact it is one of my favourites on MSX :) Of course it is very hard game to beat but not impossible.
IKE/TT

Post by IKE/TT »

I think it's one of the best old-school games I've ever played! There's challenge, interesting environment, various items etc.. The differences between Popolon and Aphrodite gives a nice touch, and it's nice to have an option to change character if you're near dying. There's quite much to explore in the game: the castle itself is pretty big, and on top of that there are 10 different worlds with their unique monsters and final bosses. It took me many, many years to beat this game (no walkthroughs, had to figure it out myself) but it was worth it! And I've got to say it's probably the best game in MSX. I truly recommend it to everyone here!