Neo Geo Arcade - Too Good to Be True?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Neo Geo Arcade - Too Good to Be True?

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

So I've been pricing MVS cabinets and just browsing around, and I found this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-SNK-Arcade-Machine-/291701454347?hash=item43eac2f60b:g:H8kAAOSwoBtW2x5w

$650 for a 2 slot cabinet with (here's the really suspicious part) $7.75 shipping. The guy's rating on eBay is a whopping 0, and that also makes me suspicious, but it's covered by eBay's money back guarantee. I don't want to play right into a scam, but if this is legit and the guy's just selling it cheap, I don't want to kick myself for the rest of my life for passing that up.

What do yall think?
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Geo Arcade - Too Good to Be True?

Post by the7k »

You live in North Carolina.

There's an arcade auction on March 12th in Winston Salem.

Come to that. Hang out with Majors, me and a few other folks. You'll probably find a Neo Geo that you can look at, touch and play in person and then likely bid on and win for half the amount that one went for.

Hell, I'm actually looking to sell some of my arcades and I've got too many Neo Geos as it is. Already planning to sell one to a friend of mine, but I've got about six total and I just plan to hold to four of them. I'll sell it to you cheap, but it will need some monitor work (or you can just get a replacement Wei-Ya chassis) and you'll need to buy a 2-slot or 4-slot board for it - which are pretty easy to find on eBay.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

the7k wrote:You live in North Carolina.

Come to that. Hang out with Majors, me and a few other folks. You'll probably find a Neo Geo that you can look at, touch and play in person and then likely bid on and win for half the amount that one went for.

This makes me appreciate this forum and its helpful users.

Edit: I say that because I've been on "another" forum lately, and those people... aren't like people here. :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

the7k wrote:You live in North Carolina.

Hell, I'm actually looking to sell some of my arcades and I've got too many Neo Geos as it is. Already planning to sell one to a friend of mine, but I've got about six total and I just plan to hold to four of them. I'll sell it to you cheap, but it will need some monitor work (or you can just get a replacement Wei-Ya chassis) and you'll need to buy a 2-slot or 4-slot board for it - which are pretty easy to find on eBay.

Where exactly is the auction in Winston? And what time? I'm DEFINITELY going.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

That doesn't look like an original neo geo cab, looks like a conversion. A really bad one too. I'd pass
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ninjainspandex wrote:That doesn't look like an original neo geo cab, looks like a conversion. A really bad one too. I'd pass

He screwed up the listing, too; he meant to put local pick up only.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

At work now, but you can get info at auctiongamesales.com
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

For reference, I bought a legit 4 slot with better games than that (Blazing Star, for one) last year for under $500 including auction fees and tax in western NY. $650 shipped on that horrible conversion would have been okay but certainly not a great deal or anything.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread