BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months - LIST UP!

Brawlers and Beatemups
mjmjr25

Re: BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months - LIST UP!

Post by mjmjr25 »

KoV - definitely not. All the games are similar...but different. KoV, KoV+, KoV Superheroes, KoV Superheroes+ are all very similar.

Sengoku - honestly, not sure. I can tell you 2 and 3 are considerably better than 1 from the time i've spent with the 3 of them, but i'm not sure about storyline or whatnot.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

All right then.

Growl -- it's on Taito Legends 2 so I played my share of it. Easy to keep the enemies piled up, much better fighting with one of the many weapons you can get. Unsure of the Genesis port, how good it is.

Sengoku 3 -- love it. Best of the series. 4 characters to choose from (2 more later on), really nice graphics, tons of combos and moves to perform. Real fun to credit feed too. Not as hard as 1 & 2, more conventional style.

Knights of Valour -- this was from IGS correct? I actually saw it in an arcade back in the day, looked really complicated to me so I didn't play it. I guess I'll be trying it.

Vigilante -- spiritual successor to Kung Fu Master. Very difficult boss fights. TG-16 port plays almost the same.

4 games that are very different from each other. Good spin there. Looking forward to this.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Let's do this.

I'm hitting Sengoku 3 first...
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Sengoku 3 is awesome. Last summer my brother and I were playing a bunch of beat-'em-ups on the MVS; this being one of them.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Suggestions:
Spider-Man Maximum Carnage & Separation Anxiety
Death and Return of Superman
Power Rangers the Movie
Guardian Heroes
DJ Boy
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

One of my favorites is The Punisher by Capcom. By any measure it's still one of the best games to feature the Punisher.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yep yep, Punisher is on the list. CPS1 and CPS2 are baller when it comes to beat 'em ups - so so good.
-----------------------------

Got some runs in Sengoku 3 today, best run was to middle of stage 2 and 180,000~ - def room for improvement. The yellow guys w/swords are very SoR 2 they way they shoot at you from angles, just underneath you, a quick dash and stab - need to be more methodical in taking them out.

My cousin came over later and we played a co-op run. China was fairly easy - we got eaten up in Italy. Played a couple additional credits just to see the boss and wowza - she was mean.

I really like the combo system in this game - my best was 26 today - but it seems the potential is there for much more.

KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months

Post by KalessinDB »

Nyukki wrote:Also, kind of hoping Oriental Legend gets picked at some point so I have an excuse to buy that consolised PGM that I saw the other day.

Dang, that's pretty cheap for a consolized system.

I keep thinking about picking up a second motherboard and trying my hand at doing it myself...
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I think I have the Taito Legengs 2 disc around here somewhere. Maybe I can get in a quick game of GROWL on Mon or Tues.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Good list!

I Growl'ed earlier in the year, but I may give Vigilante a try.