NG: DEV Game: Kraut Busters - MVS Pre-orders open

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mjmjr25

NG: DEV Game: Kraut Busters - MVS Pre-orders open

Post by mjmjr25 »

The latest NG: DEV game was announced earlier today.

It is largely getting panned for being a Metal Slug clone.

More screenshots and info:
http://www.kraut-buster.com/screens.html

Personally, i'll be grabbing this on AES. I'm not sure why a MS clone is a bad thing...MS is great fun, and this game will have an actual chain-scoring system.
irixith
Next-Gen

Re: NG: DEV Game: Kraut Busters - MVS Pre-orders open

Post by irixith »

Isn't "kraut" a bad word?

...and from the screenies, it looks like a Metal Slug clone, but with less interesting art.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

are they done with Dreamcast ports? Still waiting on the last one iirc...
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

irixith wrote:Isn't "kraut" a bad word?

NG: DEV is a German game developer and it is a WWII based game. So, of the criticisms (if this is one) i've seen so far - this one hasn't been mentioned.

@dsh - The XYX port was panned as being rushed and inferior to the neo releases - they essentially said they did it for DC fans, but it was an afterthought - all of the development (and real money to be made) is on Neo hardware. I think the official stance is if they can't put their full attention to it - they won't do it. So, for now, I do not think there are official plans for a Razion DC release.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Interesting, I'd love to get the MVS kit of this but I just can't justify the price tag.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't see anything about an AES version on the website...
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't see anything about an AES version on the website...

The do pre-order on MVS first. The MVS carts will have a USB port for bug-fixes and updates, etc. Almost every game developed will have bugs at some point - at big companies of course this is fixed before release after months of testing (usually), for small developers, bugs are discovered weeks / months after release. To combat this, NG: DEV releases MVS first w/USB port for updates. Once all bugs are worked out, they make the AES release the final build. AES typically comes up for pre-order a couple months after MVS. The LE will be 449 Euro and the CE 499 Euro, if past practices continue.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Looks pretty ugly.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

jfrost wrote:Looks pretty ugly.

...ok.

It's "early beta", it's more showing the engine than anything. They acknowledge there is a lot of work to be done. They pretty much work game to game...and have to fund it along the way. I don't think anyone is claiming a masterpiece here yet and for many, way too close to MS, but ugly isn't anything that has been said about any of their games to this point. So, i'm optimistic...
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

irixith wrote:Isn't "kraut" a bad word?

Finally a game all great grandpas can get behind.