How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Post by Stark »

Gunstar Green wrote:Splatterhouse has the single plane brawler thing going on too but you only ever have to go right.

I love Splatterhouse, but it's a better game than Vigilante in every way.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I own splatterhouse house 2 and 3 on the Genesis. Both games are fun. I can't wait to play the original.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I have a Turbo Everdrive and only own 2 games for my PCE, Ys1+2 and Rondo of Blood, don't really plan on adding anymore to my collection.
marurun

Post by marurun »

That's a shame. There are lots of nice CD titles that, for obvious reasons, won't work on the Everdrive. In fact, there's talk over on the pcenginefx forums about making a new CD system card with increased memory to help with the various translations that are in the works. Between a few active hackers, a bunch of homebrew programmers, and one insanely productive translator, the scene is poised for an explosion.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

mas wrote:I own splatterhouse house 2 and 3 on the Genesis. Both games are fun. I can't wait to play the original.

I really love the story arc the series takes even if it's super simple it's effective.

The first game is kind of shocking with its bad end. You fail to save the girl. Your only reward for winning is escaping with your life. That was some heavy shit for a 1988 arcade game.

Then the second game is a chance at redemption while the third wraps everything up in regards to the Terror Mask. Great trilogy.

marurun wrote:That's a shame. There are lots of nice CD titles that, for obvious reasons, won't work on the Everdrive. In fact, there's talk over on the pcenginefx forums about making a new CD system card with increased memory to help with the various translations that are in the works. Between a few active hackers, a bunch of homebrew programmers, and one insanely productive translator, the scene is poised for an explosion.

On the bright side if you have one of the CD systems, CD-Rs are super cheap.

It's good to hear the PC-Engine scene is so alive.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Don't have the CD attachment. Too much money for that. Been online and it should cost 100+ for the dock station and 100+ for the CD attachment.
Played legendary Axe 2. Made it to the 4th level. Got hard quick and got mad quick lol stupid flying things.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Just tried out vigilante. Made it till the end. Didn't beat it though. It a little tougher than kung fu. But pretty much the same game. Why am I trying to save Madonna in the game and why are so many guys getting out of the pipi room? I hope they washed their hands at least
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Now I'm a little pissed got my splatterhouse in and all I have is a gray screen. Cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and still nothing? What can be the problem
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Silly question, but did you wait like 2-3 seconds for the game to load? Some games show a pink/grey screen initially as they boot.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Ohh yeah bones. Nothing just gray screen
I'm so angry and the seller said it works fine. Wtf