"The" Fighting Game for Saturns & DC's SNK & Capcom Fighters

Brawlers and Beatemups
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

"The" Fighting Game for Saturns & DC's SNK & Capcom Fighters

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Hi,

I need some help getting "the" SNK & Capcom fighting games for the Saturn & Dreamcast. There are so many, and it gets so confusing on which to get for me, especially for the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. So I thought I'd go with the last game of each series.

I like and am more familiar with Capcom over SNK.

Right now, I got:

For the Saturn:

-Marvel Super Heroes
-X-Men Children of the Atom

-X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
-Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter

-Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

-Street Fighter Collection 1 (Contains Alpha Gold 2)
-Street Fighter Collection 2

- Street Fighter Zero 3

- King of Fighters 97

For the Dreamcast:

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

- Super Street Fighter II X

- Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service

- Street Fighter III Third Strike

- Street Fighter Alpha 3

- Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001

- King of Fighters 2002

Are there some others I should get?

Since I am not a big SNK fan, should I just stick with King of Fighters and not mess with their other franchises like Fatal Fury and whatever else they have? Does King of Fighters give me the jist of what SNK fighters offered?

I was thinking about Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for the Saturn, and Mark of the Wolves for Dreamcast, but it looks like the Fatal Fury games are missing some of the original cast which are in King of Fighters.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
cha cha
128-bit

Re: "The" Fighting Game for Saturns & DC's SNK & Capcom Figh

Post by cha cha »

I'm not totally sure what you want out of this thread, but to answer your questions:

KoF does give you a "jist" (kinda) of what SNK fighters are all about. However notable titles like Garou and Last Blade 2 should not be ignored for DC, because they are not the same type of game. On Satun- Samurai Showdown was decidedly different from KoF, so SS4 should be given a chance, I think.

From there, I ask- Do you consider Powerstone an actual fighting game? If so Powerstone 2 was just an awesome game and totally fun with 4 players. Pocket Fighter for Saturn also has a slew of casual appeal and nostalgia going on.

You left a few notable Capcom fighters off such as Project Justice, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Techromancer; All of which have pretty decent followings amongst FG fans.

So if you want a "definitive" collecting of FGs on those two systems, look a little bit outside the SF/KoF box to find your answers.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
C-Sword
16-bit

Post by C-Sword »

Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Last Blade
Rival Schools
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Mark of the Wolves is a must-play.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

C-Sword wrote:Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Last Blade 2
Project Justice

FTFY
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

On the SNK side of things, like previously stated, Garou and Last Blade for the dreamcast are the big ones for me.

With capcom, it looks like you have the covered pretty good.

EDIT: Oh...Capcom's Cyberbots for the Saturn is very good and I enjoyed that underrated title thoroughly!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:On the SNK side of things, like previously stated, Garou and Last Blade for the dreamcast are the big ones for me.

With capcom, it looks like you have the covered pretty good.

EDIT: Oh...Capcom's Cyberbots for the Saturn is very good and I enjoyed that underrated title thoroughly!

Ditto!

Also if you are not opposed 2.5D and 3D Capcom games a few really good games are Project Justice (Rival Schools 2) and Power Stone 1 and 2.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I'll echo the nods for Samurai Shodown 4, Pocket Fighter and Cyberbots on the saturn, and Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 2 on dreamcast. Each game is quite unique in it's own right.

I'd add Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for saturn myself. It's one of my favourite SNK fighters. Very smooth and very affordable.

As for "getting" the good ones, there are some top notch articles on this very site that should help. HG101 also did a run through all the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters games:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/fatalf ... alfury.htm
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kof/kof.htm

Hope this helps.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Sweet!!! Thanks for the fast answers guys!!!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC

My Trade Thread
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

cha cha, sorry for the weird question lol. I guess what I meant is what games I should get in order to get the whole Capcom and SNK experience without actually getting each and every game (example: getting KoF 97 instead of 95 and 96, Alpha 3 instead of 1 and 2).

I think I am going to stick with KoF for SNK and once I play those, I will explore their other games if I like it. I hope I didn't step on any SNK Fans' toes. And I hope the Game Lord isn't reading this.

My Trade Thread