Fez 2 cancelled

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Fez 2 cancelled

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I had no idea who this chode was so I did a Google image search. Most punchable face I have ever seen.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

I don't see what the big deal about him saying Japanese games suck (a ton of people say this, including people in the video game industry). Is the video game industry really that introverted, that he became a villain because of that? I'm sure there was other things he said.

I saw the word bigot in one of these articles. :?

Also, did he cancel Rez 2 because of fan backlash?
Original_Name
Next-Gen

Post by Original_Name »

KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Violent By Design wrote:I don't see what the big deal about him saying Japanese games suck (a ton of people say this, including people in the video game industry). Is the video game industry really that introverted, that he became a villain because of that? I'm sure there was other things he said.

There is a large difference between having an opinion and embarrassing/belittling a man in front of an audience with a very cold and possibly slightly racist idea that an entire culture's work in a particular art/media is bad.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

I really don't even think this guy had even started working on fez 2 and if he had I'm sure it would have probably been exactly the same as the first one with different levels but taken twice as long to make. Or maybe he just wanted to gauge fan reaction by saying it was canceled, hell this is probably just a giant ego stroke for the guy.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

KDub wrote:

There is a large difference between having an opinion and embarrassing/belittling a man in front of an audience with a very cold and possibly slightly racist idea that an entire culture's work in a particular art/media is bad.

So is that really it? It was because he said Japanese games suck at Comic Con?

There's nothing racist about saying Japanese games suck either. That's just hogwash from what I've read. Japanese isn't even a race.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Violent By Design wrote: Japanese isn't even a race.

Very....American way to define racism (but what I said is not racist cause American is not a race).

And as others have said this is obviously not about what he said, but how and to whom he said it to.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

ZeroAX wrote:And as others have said this is obviously not about what he said, but how and to whom he said it to.
Exactly.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Violent By Design wrote:
KDub wrote:

So is that really it? It was because he said Japanese games suck at Comic Con?

There's nothing racist about saying Japanese games suck either. That's just hogwash from what I've read. Japanese isn't even a race.

Because he made a Japanese fan look like a fool in front of a crowd of people at Comic Con.

And it's made even more insulting and egotistical given the fact that Fez owes its existence to the style of platforming games that Super Maro Bros. introduced.

Watching Indie Game: The Movie it's clear he doesn't hate Japanese games (even if he thinks he does), more accurately he doesn't like modern games. He said what he said to be edgy and elitist but the way he said it, where he said it and who he said it to was the perfect storm of PR disaster.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I had no idea who this chode was so I did a Google image search. Most punchable face I have ever seen.

This is basically how it went down for me too.