Fez 2 cancelled

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Fez 2 cancelled

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/27/fez-2-h ... nt-page-1/

Well he shouldn't have taken those rabid criticisms and trolling so personally. This is a byproduct of getting too close with your target audience; something which indies need to do in order to market their products. Hopefully he will change his mind later. Effing rabid fanshits.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Fez 2 cancelled

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I thought it was pretty well known that Phil Fish is a total asshole? I didn't buy the original Fez on the principal of supporting him.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I thought it was pretty well known that Phil Fish is a total asshole? I didn't buy the original Fez on the principal of supporting him.

This. He's a jackass and deserves to fail.

[edit] And this sums up everything

http://i.imgur.com/qRkZrlS.png
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

This applies to other developer celebrities as well. The internet mob gives them a platform to follow their opinions and when a potential clash happens it gets ugly rather quickly (See: Bleszinski et al)
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

If you're going to be a creator of pretty much any type of media you need a thick skin.

If you're going to engage your fans you should probably have a passing understanding of public relations.

Phil Fish has neither.

It's a shame that his personal problems get in the way because he's a talented guy otherwise.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Gunstar Green wrote:If you're going to be a creator of pretty much any type of media you need a thick skin.

If you're going to engage your fans you should probably have a passing understanding of public relations.

Phil Fish has neither.

It's a shame that his personal problems get in the way because he's a talented guy otherwise.

If you want to see the right way to have dialogs with your fans, look at the red posts in the League of Legends forums. The devs are in their on a daily basis discussing what's going on, soliciting suggestions, and explaining why they're about to do this thing that's going to piss everyone off. And it's full dialogs that they have, not just announcements.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.edge-online.com/features/phi ... t-tragedy/
http://www.destructoid.com/jimquisition ... 9045.phtml

I disagree with Jim on getting to know the developers. I just enjoy their games, what they do in their personal lives just doesn't interest me. Not fond of celebrity culture either, unless it's of benefit to read up on a true intellectual sort of celeb.
JayJaySut
16-bit

Post by JayJaySut »

Just my thoughts, Phil Fish said some prickish things, but the hate that he got was ridiculously disproportionate to it. I mean honestly I was pretty excited for Fez 2 but now It will probably never happened because a bunch of angry people went out of their way to give him shit, just look at the comments on the Polytron site for evidence. I mean that's his official site people created accounts just to hate on him. It probably wouldn't have happened as much if he hadn't tried to fight back, that was a mistake. It's one thing to not like something but these people tried to spread that hate and negativity as far as they could, they made it unavoidable. As for the thick skin thing I don't think we should be asking him to have thicker skin but should instead be asking the gaming community not to be such dicks all the time. It's obviously a lot harder to change the whole community then it is to change one guy but if anything more people like Phil Fish would be a positive thing if only because it would get gamers used to the idea that game developers are people who don't exist just to give them exactly what they want.
JayJaySut
16-bit

Post by JayJaySut »

I disagree with Jim on getting to know the developers. I just enjoy their games, what they do in their personal lives just doesn't interest me. Not fond of celebrity culture either, unless it's of benefit to read up on a true intellectual sort of celeb.

Honestly, I don't care much about this stuff either but I do care about what goes into games. I like hearing the process of the creator, their inspirations etc.. The problem is that includes what they don't like and that's sort of how this whole thing started.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

MrPopo wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I thought it was pretty well known that Phil Fish is a total asshole? I didn't buy the original Fez on the principal of supporting him.

This. He's a jackass and deserves to fail.

[edit] And this sums up everything

http://i.imgur.com/qRkZrlS.png

What did he say that makes him a total asshole? (honest question I haven't followed this guy one bit. not even why he left the industry. just read that he did leave).

and :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey.....it worked with the xbone DRM :P
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.