Guacamelee!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Guacamelee!

Post by Stark »

Gamerforlife wrote:I think you have more area (Sierra) where you'll get your last ability and a fairly challenging boss fight, then the final stage is after that.

Holy crap is this true! I just fought that dude and man does that fight force you to figure out how to actually play more then anything before it. After beating that guy, I feel like I could take on anything the game could throw at me! I'm going back to get some more hearts/skulls/etc. though first.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Stark wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I think you have more area (Sierra) where you'll get your last ability and a fairly challenging boss fight, then the final stage is after that.

Holy crap is this true! I just fought that dude and man does that fight force you to figure out how to actually play more then anything before it. After beating that guy, I feel like I could take on anything the game could throw at me! I'm going back to get some more hearts/skulls/etc. though first.

Imagine him on hard mode! The last boss fight has two phases. In the first phase, his defenses keep changing randomly and he keeps randomly shifting from living to dead plane, keeps you on your toes.

It's a great game, and it put me in a nice metroidvania mood so after I finished it I started playing Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS. It's quite good.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I took a first quick run at the last boss this morning and can confirm he's a bastard.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Stark wrote:

Imagine him on hard mode! The last boss fight has two phases. In the first phase, his defenses keep changing randomly and he keeps randomly shifting from living to dead plane, keeps you on your toes.

It's a great game, and it put me in a nice metroidvania mood so after I finished it I started playing Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS. It's quite good.

I did it in the reverse order, I beat Mirror of Fate before tackling Guacamelee. I loved MoF and I'm loving Guac!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Stark wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:

I did it in the reverse order, I beat Mirror of Fate before tackling Guacamelee. I loved MoF and I'm loving Guac!

I finished Act II 100% last night in Mirror of Fate. What an amazing boss fight to end that chapter on!

Alucard and Belmont versus Dracula! EPIC!!!

That fight was beautifully designed. I'm all excited for the next chapter! I especially can't wait to see what other awesome boss fights the game has in store for me
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ok, so I got one of the Mask pieces (I can't remember where) and it was a little challenging and I thought, "Man, that wasn't so bad, I should try to find them all!" So I went and looked and found a suspicious place in the Thule Tree and went up and up to the very top and started this platforming section. I tried and tried to do this hard section and I could always see the top so I was encouraged, then I finally did it! I got there, only to realize I wasn't done. So then I did this section over and over and finally did it, even though it was really hard! And ... I found out that wasn't the end. So I did the next section which wasn't as bad as the one before it and got through it only to find yet another SECTION...it is full of saws and crap and after about an hour of trying to do that one I nearly wanted to throw my Vita across the room and just gave up. Brutal...you would have to be insane to finish this (no offense Gamerforlife) :P
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Stark wrote:Ok, so I got one of the Mask pieces (I can't remember where) and it was a little challenging and I thought, "Man, that wasn't so bad, I should try to find them all!" So I went and looked and found a suspicious place in the Thule Tree and went up and up to the very top and started this platforming section. I tried and tried to do this hard section and I could always see the top so I was encouraged, then I finally did it! I got there, only to realize I wasn't done. So then I did this section over and over and finally did it, even though it was really hard! And ... I found out that wasn't the end. So I did the next section which wasn't as bad as the one before it and got through it only to find yet another SECTION...it is full of saws and crap and after about an hour of trying to do that one I nearly wanted to throw my Vita across the room and just gave up. Brutal...you would have to be insane to finish this (no offense Gamerforlife) :P

:lol:

You wanna know the best part? Right before you get to the end a character shows up and says, "Congratulations! You're halfway there!". At that point I was like, "Are you f***ing kidding me!!!" Then when you get to the next screen you're told, "Psych!", and it gives you the mask piece :lol:

The masks are sort of worth it. Not only does collecting all the masks give you the best ending, but I found out after I had already played through the last stage and beat the game that getting all but the last mask piece gives your chicken form the ability to fly, which would have made the last stage's platforming sections a lot easier for me than they were

That mask you went for is definitely one of the hardest ones to get. There's another one that requires you to go through a tricky area full of Mega Man 2 style disappearing platforms, and another one requires you to play through a real hard gauntlet of battles. Those are probably the three hardest ones to get. There's also a fourth one that requires a bit of puzzle solving and speed running, a fifth one that requires you to go through a long maze, and the final one comes from the last boss
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Gamerforlife wrote::lol:

You wanna know the best part? Right before you get to the end a character shows up and says, "Congratulations! You're halfway there!". At that point I was like, "Are you f***ing kidding me!!!" Then when you get to the next screen you're told, "Psych!", and it gives you the mask piece :lol:

The masks are sort of worth it. Not only does collecting all the masks give you the best ending, but I found out after I had already played through the last stage and beat the game that getting all but the last mask piece gives your chicken form the ability to fly, which would have made the last stage's platforming sections a lot easier for me than they were

That mask you went for is definitely one of the hardest ones to get. There's another one that requires you to go through a tricky area full of Mega Man 2 style disappearing platforms, and another one requires you to play through a real hard gauntlet of battles. Those are probably the three hardest ones to get. There's also a fourth one that requires a bit of puzzle solving and speed running, a fifth one that requires you to go through a long maze, and the final one comes from the last boss

How close am I when I get to the "saw" maze? The one I already got was the long maze.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Stark wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote::lol:

How close am I when I get to the "saw" maze? The one I already got was the long maze.

Pretty close I think, it's hard for me to remember. That part was so long it's all a blur in my memory LOL. That might be the last one I think, but don't take my word for it. I don't remember anything after that though
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

So I started up the DLC. I've got all the trophies for the costume pack. Now I'm playing through the El Diablo's Domain DLC. It's pretty cool so far. It's basically a challenge mode, kind of like the challenge rooms in the Batman games. Though there is a little bit of story to it to actually give you a reason for doing this.

The challenges are kind of annoying...but fair. They basically test your skill at every part of the game including combo challenges, speed runs, survival modes, and handicap modes. Thus far, I've managed to get a gold medal on every challenge on the first two floors. Apparently, earning enough medals will unlock new costumes that each have special bonuses as well as handicaps.

I've got the Platinum for this, so I'm gonna see if I can conquer the DLC as well.

I'm playing on the Vita by the way, and the game plays brilliantly on it. It's every bit as smooth and entertaining as it was when I initially played it on the PS3. Great cross buy/cross play title.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote: