Guacamelee!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Guacamelee!

Post by Gamerforlife »

Comes out tomorrow and sounds interesting, it's been described as a metroidvania/beat 'em up with a Mexican influence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoV1sJbB_ZA

I've little respect for IGN as a review site, but for what it's worth they gave it a 9.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/08/ ... lee-review
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Guacamelee!

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Gamerforlife wrote:Comes out tomorrow and sounds interesting, it's been described as a metroidvania/beat 'em up with a Mexican influence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoV1sJbB_ZA

I've little respect for IGN as a review site, but for what it's worth they gave it a 9.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/08/ ... lee-review

I saw this at PAX. It is from Drinkbox, who made the Mutant Blobs platformer. It looked like a lot of fun. I am not a fan of platformers for the most part, but I enjoy their games.
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I'm not sure if the game is good (it looks interesting), but I found the trailer hilarious!

Thanks for bringing this up. Hoping it eventually gets ported to the PC, I'm not sure I'll ever get a Vita (although I probably will get a PS3 in some years time).
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

The game looks amazing! I'm extremely excited for this but I'm also torn. I don't want to pick it up just yet since I have a feeling it will either end up free for plus members or at least heavily discounted, 25 to 50%, for plus members soon. Damn you Sony why do you do this to me? I don't like second guessing my every purchase.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

flex wood wrote:The game looks amazing! I'm extremely excited for this but I'm also torn. I don't want to pick it up just yet since I have a feeling it will either end up free for plus members or at least heavily discounted, 25 to 50%, for plus members soon. Damn you Sony why do you do this to me? I don't like second guessing my every purchase.

Congratulations! It is discounted this very moment at 20% off for Plus members!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

I'm so excited for this game -- Sony is really taking it home for the Vita. Not only do I LOVE "metroidvania" style platformers (hate the name, love the style), but the luchador theme is different, new and kinda exciting. Can't wait for today's store publish!
Phades
64-bit

Post by Phades »

I've been so excited for this game. I thought Mutant Blobs was fantastic on the Vita and the demo I played of this was great.
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

It's available now. I'm downloading it while watching that awesome trailer they have on the store.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I think I'm looking at 2013's version of Dust: An Elysian Tail here, which a compliment.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote: