A Far Cry of a thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dylans-far-cr ... ism-mod-14

I downloaded this mod and didn't have to deal with malaria in my playtime.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I just double dipped on the PS3 for these two games. Half off on FC3 bundle on the PS3 store and half off of Blood Dragon on amazon. About $25 got me everything. I REALLY like these two games.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

I didnt see any one mention t but Far Cry is getting an HD remake for ten bucks available this up coming week.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

wclem wrote:I didnt see any one mention t but Far Cry is getting an HD remake for ten bucks available this up coming week.

The First Far Cry?
I made a mention earlier of the Far Cry Compilation coming soon with Far Cry 2 having updated visuals but heard nothing of the earlier games getting any treatment, I would pick this up if so!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

TEKTORO wrote:
wclem wrote:I didnt see any one mention t but Far Cry is getting an HD remake for ten bucks available this up coming week.

The First Far Cry?
I made a mention earlier of the Far Cry Compilation coming soon with Far Cry 2 having updated visuals but heard nothing of the earlier games getting any treatment, I would pick this up if so!

It's coming to PSN and XBLA, but not PC.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

BoringSupreez wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:

The First Far Cry?

It's coming to PSN and XBLA, but not PC.

Lovin the full support on keeping these games sharp. I have been playing a few custom online matches again lately and there was still great fun playing on new maps that people are making still.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Picked up the Far Cry Compilation today, was disappointed Blood Dragon was a redeem code and not on disc. I should of expected it, will have to see if Far Cry 2 has updated visuals to warrant this purchase. I prefer the 360 versions of Far Cry which I own as well, so just a heads up since I was misinformed on Blood Dragon on disc. :/
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

That sucks - let us know on Far Cry 2 though, it may still be worth it.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I didn't have a problem with the 360 release of Far Cry 3 but on the PS3 I had one massive dip in frame rate after a mission where you are tasked to blow up stuff (I'm avoiding spoilers). Its in the earlier parts of the game near a saw mill. No issues before or after it. No experience with FC2 on the PS3.

It blows that BD is a download code. It's less that 2 GB I'm sure they could have fit on disc.

Edit: Really like the feature that after the game is done you can reset all outpost and garrisons.

Double Edit: I'm taking out all of the outposts with only the bow and the Shadow pistol. All 34 of them. I have the fire arrows for the heavies if I can't get close to them.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, Far Cry 4

Post by casterofdreams »

I think we can repurpose this topic for Far Cry 4 if it's alright with Pulsar_t.

I've read the reviews and watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look on the New game.

Another solid release!

I don't know if I want it on the last gen consoles or PC. I haven't decided yet.