Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 23.08.2014~

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 11.07.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

muhanad wrote:I love advance wars! Definetly play through that, its a great game.

Are you gonna keep that pokemon sealed or open it?

Yeah, Advance Wars is one of my favorite series. I have finished the DS ones and now I'm looking to finish the GBA ones too.

I'm keeping the Pokemon sealed. And open for trade with gb stuff :)
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

Four new games added:
The first game boy mega man:
Motocross Maniacs, one of my favorite game boy games:
Action Man:
and Advance Wars 2:

Now i just have to order Advance Wars Dual Strike to complete the series :)
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

Trax, Blues Brothers and Revenge of the Gator added to the collection.
I was hunting for Trax since i started collecting game boy games, more than any other title :)) So the moment i got the game was pretty euphoric to me :D

ImageImageImage
My Game Boy collection
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

I love your collection! I have a very small collection but it's slowly growing and I'm running out of room to store them. I want to do the binder thing like you do, but I can't for the life of me find that brand of pages you use on ebay (ebay is my only option because I don't want to go to a coin place or something and over pay for plastic). Could you tell me of another brand that's as good? Or better yet link me to an ebay auction as an example of what you would use?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

GirlGamer55 wrote:Could you tell me of another brand that's as good?

Look for card pages. Places that sell baseball cards, magic cards, and things like that should have them. Back when I was collecting fantasy art and comic cards, Ultra Pro were the 'good' brand that most places had.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

How long did it take you to collect all that? :shock:
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

GirlGamer55 wrote:I love your collection! I have a very small collection but it's slowly growing and I'm running out of room to store them. I want to do the binder thing like you do, but I can't for the life of me find that brand of pages you use on ebay (ebay is my only option because I don't want to go to a coin place or something and over pay for plastic). Could you tell me of another brand that's as good? Or better yet link me to an ebay auction as an example of what you would use?

Ultra Pro is probably your best bet and they're easy to find anywhere (even Target carries it). However, if you're looking to buy online. Amazon does carry the pages for fairly cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/25-Ultra-Pro-Protectors-Baseball/dp/B000PWZU4E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375064439&sr=8-2&keywords=Card+pages
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Post by GirlGamer55 »

FerretGamer wrote:
GirlGamer55 wrote:I love your collection! I have a very small collection but it's slowly growing and I'm running out of room to store them. I want to do the binder thing like you do, but I can't for the life of me find that brand of pages you use on ebay (ebay is my only option because I don't want to go to a coin place or something and over pay for plastic). Could you tell me of another brand that's as good? Or better yet link me to an ebay auction as an example of what you would use?

Ultra Pro is probably your best bet and they're easy to find anywhere (even Target carries it). However, if you're looking to buy online. Amazon does carry the pages for fairly cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/25-Ultra-Pro-Protectors-Baseball/dp/B000PWZU4E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375064439&sr=8-2&keywords=Card+pages

Target huh? I do have a Target near me...so those ones are the right size to hold Gameboy games? And I mean gray cart, color carts and advance carts as well. I doubt they would be big enough to hold Game Gear games...but thats for another time.
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 28.07.2013~

Post by Broodstar »

GirlGamer55 wrote:Target huh? I do have a Target near me...so those ones are the right size to hold Gameboy games? And I mean gray cart, color carts and advance carts as well. I doubt they would be big enough to hold Game Gear games...but thats for another time.

Any page that can hold card games like Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters and things of that size is good to hold Game Boy, Color and Advance carts too.
As for the quality of the pages I can tell you that most of them have the same quality. I even bet that there are better and cheaper brands out there.
Right now I’m using Ultra Pro because I have easy access to them, but I also used Deluxe “Something” and one or two Asian brands, and they all did the job.

It may be a pretty stupid advice, but here we go: When I was kid (and didn’t had the money to buy 9-pocket pages and sleeves for my MtG cards) I used to go to the shops where the daily/weekly competitions were held and I used to ask for the shop owner or veteran players for some free 9-pocket pages. I told them that I’m newb and I need a couple of pages to keep my starting collection… They are cheap and veterans dispose of old ones pretty easy :D
So you can go to a TCG shop, ask for 9-pocket pages, complain that you don’t have the money to start playing and also spend on pages and maybe you’ll get some for free ;)
oxymoron wrote:How long did it take you to collect all that? :shock:

I’ve started collecting at the end of 2011. So almost two years…
But I'm building my collection with quality in mind, not quantity.
My Game Boy collection
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Broodstar wrote:Trax, Blues Brothers and Revenge of the Gator added to the collection.
I was hunting for Trax since i started collecting game boy games, more than any other title :)) So the moment i got the game was pretty euphoric to me :D

Trax is one I've been meaning to pick up for a long time, but never really got round to. Let me know how it is.

Revenge of the Gator is awesome 8)