Megaman X8

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Re: Megaman X8

Post by GameMasterGuy »

X8 isn't one of my favorites, but it's still worth a buy. My personal order is 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 4 >6 > 7, 6 and 7 being the only bad ones.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

That's an interesting order. A lot of people don't like 3 that much. I think it's my second or third favorite though.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

GameMasterGuy wrote:personal order is 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 4

GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

4-8 didn't really have the charm that 1-3 did.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

GameMasterGuy wrote:4-8 didn't really have the charm that 1-3 did.

wait, what? You're talking about X4? If there's anything that game had going for it, it was charm!
Nyne
8-bit

Post by Nyne »

Well, Megaman X 8 is one of my favorite Megaman games ever made. Quite possibly because it was the FIRST Megaman game I ever played, but the game stands on its own two feet. The only real issue, as mentioned before, is somewhat irritating level designs, and the metal grinding issue. The metal grinding thing is fixed with an easily found glitch.

Of course, it does not compare with X2, X3, and x4, but that's a bit of a moot point. They're too good to beat. I would say the Megaman Zero series beats those, but it's just a slightly changed formula, not something better.

There's my two cents.
These are my finest threads. Please, enjoy:
Metroidvania Games
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Nyne wrote:Well, Megaman X 8 is one of my favorite Megaman games ever made. Quite possibly because it was the FIRST Megaman game I ever played, but the game stands on its own two feet. The only real issue, as mentioned before, is somewhat irritating level designs, and the metal grinding issue. The metal grinding thing is fixed with an easily found glitch.

Of course, it does not compare with X2, X3, and x4, but that's a bit of a moot point. They're too good to beat. I would say the Megaman Zero series beats those, but it's just a slightly changed formula, not something better.

There's my two cents.

I didn't mind the grinding since it wasn't necessary for completion. What irked me is how the level designs, while good, really put Zero at a disadvantage.
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

GameMasterGuy wrote:X8 isn't one of my favorites, but it's still worth a buy. My personal order is 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 4 >6 > 7, 6 and 7 being the only bad ones.

I like how you ranked X2 above X1. That makes me really happy since I thought I was the only person who liked X2 more than X1 :D . My order is:

X4>X8>X2>X1>X3>X5>X6

I have not finished playing X7, but from what I've played, I am not a big fan....I don't hate X3 and X5 in fact I like them but I like the other games more and find myself coming back to those more often especially X4 and recently, X8
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Godot102 wrote:
GameMasterGuy wrote:X8 isn't one of my favorites, but it's still worth a buy. My personal order is 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 4 >6 > 7, 6 and 7 being the only bad ones.

I like how you ranked X2 above X1. That makes me really happy since I thought I was the only person who liked X2 more than X1 :D .

Yeah, I don't really like the dash wall jumps of X1, they feel clunky. That and a few minor tweaks X2 made make it and X3 close competition, but X3 had such amazing weapon balance that it puts it above 2. 5 was different, but unlike 7, in a good way.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

GameMasterGuy wrote:I didn't mind the grinding since it wasn't necessary for completion. What irked me is how the level designs, while good, really put Zero at a disadvantage.

I can't see that at all. All I did was dash around slicing up everything in my path, Zero was easy mode on X4-X6 for me (definitely made the bosses a joke as well).