Just finished Sands of Times

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Just finished Sands of Times

Post by RCBH928 »

I just finished Sands of Times, a game I was waiting to play since at least 2007. I must say a very well done game. Its the first time I see a platformer done in a way that is not frustration, and you if you happen to make a mistake its because of you not the camera angle or dumb controls.

Except in the end, where the last stage seemed liked rushed work to get the game out in time. It was VERY VERY frustrating, am not sure if they made it that way to make it seem like the last stage seem to be hard. I also liked how they tied the beginning of the game with the end, which is the start menu too. very very amazing.

Is it worth while playing Warrior Within or The Two Thrones?
I am not looking to get more of the same thing, I am looking forward to try out something different. Because I have a huge backlog of games I want to experience and I dont want to feel like I played the same game twice
Rokogu
24-bit

Re: Just finished Sands of Times

Post by Rokogu »

I heard the Two Thrones was a big improvement, alot more action too.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

i didnt like the fighting in the game really, got on my nerves
but I am willing to check it out
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

kingmohd84 wrote:i didnt like the fighting in the game really, got on my nerves
but I am willing to check it out

You can bypass a lot of fights in Two Thrones by using stealth. That game features some of the best combination of platforming and stealth I've seen in a game. The game forces you to fight when you become the dark prince however. He's quite powerful though, so the fights aren't that tough. What's hard with him though is that when playing as him you kind of have to rush through the area as his parts of the game are always on a time limit
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

what about the last prince of persia , warriors within?
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

Actually, the continuity goes Sands of Time, Warrior Within, then Two Thrones. And Forgotten Sands is an in-between game, taking place in the 7 year gap between Sands of Time and Warrior Within.

Warrior Within changes a lot from SoT. It's a lot darker, and more combat focused. I think it was the first PoP game to have somewhat of a free-form combat system. More combat heavy than SoT, but still a good game.
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

RCBH928 wrote:what about the last prince of persia , warriors within?

Personally, I hated Warrior Within. So much so that I never even played Two Thrones (my goal was to get platinum trophies for all 3 games).

The game was riddled with bugs, which hurt the overall experience for me. I didn't care for the story too much either.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

graffix_13 wrote:Personally, I hated Warrior Within. So much so that I never even played Two Thrones.

I had the same problem. Actually, I thought Warrior Within was ok as far as gameplay is concerned, but the music and the darkness of it all made it feel like the game was just trying too hard to be edgy. Even though I've owned Two Thrones for some time, I've never actually gotten around to playing it. I also haven't played The Forgotten Sands and I only played about 30 minutes of the Prince of Persia reboot. I really liked Sands of Time, so I should probably fire up some of the other sequels sometime.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ack

Post by Ack »

J T wrote:Actually, I thought Warrior Within was ok as far as gameplay is concerned, but the music and the darkness of it all made it feel like the game was just trying too hard to be edgy.

Not to mention cutscenes just to call the scantily clad female villain a bitch.

RCBH, I've only played Warrior Within, but if you disliked the combat system in Sands of Time, I'd suggest avoiding it.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ack wrote:
J T wrote:Actually, I thought Warrior Within was ok as far as gameplay is concerned, but the music and the darkness of it all made it feel like the game was just trying too hard to be edgy.

Not to mention cutscenes just to call the scantily clad female villain a bitch.

RCBH, I've only played Warrior Within, but if you disliked the combat system in Sands of Time, I'd suggest avoiding it.

I don't know about that. To me the combat is the weakest part of Sands of Time. It's one of my favorite games from that gen and it was because of the story, charm, and exploration gameplay. Warrior Within improved the combat system and exploration gameplay, but lost me on the story and charm. If he really puts emphasis on combat and exploration, there might be something there for the OP.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.