PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Post by Thierry Henry »

A couple more of mine that I found that might belong on the main list,

So since South Africa in terms of gaming is designated as a PAL territory, we received the cardboard packaging version of Shadow of the Colossus.
Included in this were four art type cards. And from the menu of the game disc you could access a trailer for Ico, a documentary as well as some concept art material.

The other one I found is one that I'm not exactly quite sure of. And that's because for the life of me I just can't remember whether I bought it separately, on pre-order, or if it came bundled with one of my Resi Evil games.
What I'm referring to is "Wesker's Report. 5th Anniversary"
It's a type of documentary, and the description on the case states that "Take a walk with Albert Wesker as he delves into the mysteries and insidious plots surrounding the Resident Evil series and gives an insight into the history of one of video-gaming's biggest franchises"
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Thierry Henry wrote:A couple more of mine that I found that might belong on the main list,

I forgot about PAL Shadow of the Colossus, I posted this in the Team ICO Thread!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=296035#p296035

Added to the OP game list :D

Shadow Of The Colossus PAL (Extra Content, Art Cards)

As for the DVD it was available as a preorder, added to the OP :D

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (Preorder DVD)

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=261459

Resident Evil: Wesker's Report (DVD)
This is the Resident Evil: Wesker's Report Collector's Edition DVD. This promotional DVD was only available with pre-orders of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for the PS2.

:shock: Or maybe it came from this set? Added to the OP :D

Biohazard 5th Anniversary Special Package Nightmare Returns
(Aluminum Briefcase Set)

http://saoki.site0.com/resident_evil_collection.html

Biohazard 5th Anniversary Special Package ~Nightmare Returns~ Aluminum Briefcase
Capcom only offered this collector's item for a limited time from their Web site. Very expensive, but worth it. Each aluminum briefcase features a serial number from 00001 to 10,000. Sealed:

TOP POCKET:
Sealed Biohazard game manuals.
Biohazard pewter ballpoint pen.
Black velvet pouch that contains a Biohazard pewter silver ring.
Sealed Biohazard black leather key ring.
Biohazard serial-numbered dog tag.
Two briefcase keys.
Black carry strap.
Hidden item behind the small pouch: Pewter coin that reads "Biohazard 5th Anniversary" on both sides; one side pictures a G-virus eye; the other side pictures a bird, a G-virus eye, and the year 2001 under them.

BOTTOM POCKET:
Sealed 6-CD blue binder that holds "5th Anniversary" versions of the following discs:
Bio Hazard (red disc).
Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Ver. (blue disc).
Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Ver. (red disc).
Biohazard 3 Last Escape (black disc).
Two empty slots (free discs).
Sealed "Biohazard: Code Veronica Complete" (PSX2-J).
Sealed "Wesker's Report" (DVD-Region2).

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

Here's a few I have:

King of Fighters 2002/2003 (NTSC-U)
2 discs in a double-disc case

King of Fighters '94 Rebout: Special Edition (NTSC-J)
Comes with Neo Geo Pad 2, KoF 10th Anniversary cell phone strap in addition to the game. Mine also came with a KoF 10th Anniversary Encyclopedia cd-rom (plays in pc). I'm not sure if it is supposed to come with the package since it doesn't fit into the plastic wrapping. Maybe it was a preorder bonus?
I think even the standard version of the game can be considered a special edition because it includes the Gamest Mook booklet and slipcase.

The first prints of Neo Geo Complete Box Joukan/Gekkan (NTSC-J) includes 2 packs of 20 plastic miniature MVS replica instruction cards.

First prints of Hyper Street Fighter 2/Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection Value Pack (NTSC-J) includes a dvd with SF2 and Vampire ending galleries.

I don't own the following but they're out there:
Hyper Street Fighter 2: Special Pack (NTSC-J)
Includes All About Street Fighter book, SSF2X dvd, mousepad, miniature Chun Li bracelets.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike: Limited Edition (NTSC-J)
Includes Gamest Mook, dvd and jigsaw puzzle.

Capcom vs SNK 2 with P2Gate modem.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SaturnHST wrote:<--Ton of Special Edition Fighting Games-->

:shock: Thanks for including the pics, and especially Thank You for sharing!
Added all of the PS2 games to the OP List :D

King of Fighters 2002/2003 (2 Game Discs Double Case)

King of Fighters '94 Rebout (Gamest Mook Booklet, Slipcase)

King of Fighters '94 Rebout Special Edition NTSCJ (Neo Geo Pad 2, Cell Phone Strap, KOF Encyclopedia PC)

Neo Geo Complete Box Joukan/Gekkan NTSCJ (40 plastic miniature MVS Instruction Cards)

Hyper Street Fighter 2/Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection Value Pack NTSCJ (DVD)

Hyper Street Fighter 2: Special Pack NTSCJ (Street Fighter book, DVD, Mousepad, Chun Li Bracelet)

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike: Limited Edition NTSCJ (Gamest Mook, DVD, Jigsaw puzzle)

Capcom vs SNK 2 NTSCJ (P2Gate Modem)

That 56k modem looks interesting.
kaokensho wrote:http://kaokensho.blogspot.com/2012/07/playstation-2-modems.html

There were external USB modem for the PlayStation 2 available, in Japan only though. They attached through USB and allowed for 56K connections. Like demonstrated in this pic below:

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

The Japanese version of King of Fighters Maximum Impact comes with a different bonus (a guide book).

Also, the Japanese version of King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2: Limited Edition comes with a booklet and a dvd (KoF: Another Day anime).
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

CRTGAMER wrote:The Growing List of PS2 Special Editions

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (2nd Disc Persistence, Preorder DVD)

I just picked up the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Pre-order DVD this morning for $1, and I am debating whether I want to keep it or sell it. Does it have any rarity/value? (I cannot find any eBay listings, and it does not really fit in with the rest of my PS2 games. Accordingly, I am tempted to sell it. If I am not going to get anything for it, however, then I will probably keep it.)
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Dr. Muto has a bonus DVD. Found this out when a copy I ordered from JJGames didn't have it.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Hey,

It looks like I have another game to add to your ever growing list.

I got this at GameStop a few days ago.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

WWF Smackdown Just Bring It, of all things, got a bonus disc in Japan. :shock:

Here's a look I found at Exciting Pro Wrestling 3 (PlayStation 2 the Best)

Lum fan.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (2nd Disc Persistence, Preorder DVD)
I just picked up the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Pre-order DVD this morning for $1, and I am debating whether I want to keep it or sell it. Does it have any rarity/value? (I cannot find any eBay listings, and it does not really fit in with the rest of my PS2 games. Accordingly, I am tempted to sell it. If I am not going to get anything for it, however, then I will probably keep it.)
I'm not sure on the money value, but any preorder is more uncommon then the game itself. I would hang on to it. If you are going to sell it and it is Volume 1, I'm interested though.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.