The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Raging Justice »

Sometimes, I just feel like posting awesome looking shit wrestlers do. The type of moments that deserve the Excalibur, "UN...BE...LIEVABLE!"

Watch for the moment this guy gets in the ring at 0:19, incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nudg29Fb0

^That's some fucking anime shit right there :lol:

Here's a video of Mizuki's Whirling Candy, listen for the pop from the crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxAW9WnauTg

On a similar note from last night's Collision:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/co ... landed_on/

and here's Fenix doing ridiculous shit which we pretty much expect at this point

https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/co ... walked_on/

Potentially big AEW news

Dude, AEW's women's division could KILL WWE right now if Tony knew what he was doing. I actually enjoyed what we saw on Collision with Anna Jay, Deonna Purrazzo and Thunder Rosa. Anna and Storm had a pretty decent match much as I hate Storm. I was slightly irritated at the post match stuff with Purrazzo and Rosa only because it felt like they were teasing a big spot, but it didn't happen. I kind of like this feud and the match was good.

I really like the break down of the Best Friends. They've been telling this story for so long, going all the way back to Wheeler Yuta turning on Cassidy and the group. I like that they haven't forgotten that Statlander is part of the group

I think this pic is hilarious, it totally fits

Brody King: "I was driving the bus that hit Darby Allin. Shouldn’t have been standing there."

I hope the House of Black and Bullet Club Gold never stop poking fun at Darby Allin
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Raging Justice wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:54 pm Potentially big AEW news
Fightful have now published a new report that confirms that she is signed with AEW.

Yeah, they have a damn impressive women's division right now. Hopefully they do something...

I still find it interesting that they have Mercedes going for the TBS championship and not the Women's.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

There is an absolutely hilarious video about Cody Rhodes and racism on youtube that I doubt marurun would let me post here. It's on a youtube channel called prince Vegeta. This is not only a funny dig at his dumb line in AEW about ending racism, but feels like a funny response to Swerve winning the title too, especially the last line

This video is fucking awesome. Look for "prince Vegeta cody rhodes" otherwise youtube's dumb search algorithm will take you to the wrong channel (there's a more popular channel with a similar name and youtube/google only cares about popular search results)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Undertaker recently said he thinks Cody gives off heel vibes and comes across as smug.

It's funny he mentions that when we have said the same thing here.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 am Undertaker recently said he thinks Cody gives off heel vibes and comes across as smug.

It's funny he mentions that when we have said the same thing here.
It's that douchey politician vibe, like backstabbing a company but then saying things like, "I'm always rooting for them". He's so fake it's nauseating.

There are delusional people who really think he's the sweetest guy ever, while the rest of us just see a guy, "playing the game" as Triple H's theme music used to say.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Cody recently made some weird comment implying he was offended about something someone said about him or his wife at a press event.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, I don't like how Cody talks about AEW. There's something very 'off' about it... Brandi was also far more negative about the company.

In one breath he will be saying how he still loves AEW and will always root for them, but then earlier this year when he re-signed with WWE, he basically scoffed at the idea he would even contemplate signing again with AEW, as if it is so beneath him. Obviously no one expects him to go back to AEW (at least right now), he's one of (if not the) top guys in WWE, he was going to main event Wrestlemania and then win the title, but his compliments of AEW often come across as backhanded compliments.

Speaking of AEW, is it being teased that there will be some kind of power struggle storyline and perhaps even an onscreen GM position being introduced?

There are some theories going around that an onscreen GM role could be either: Scott D'Amore, Kenny Omega or Sting.

Or maybe it's just silly internet speculation :lol:

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 pm Yeah, I don't like how Cody talks about AEW. There's something very 'off' about it... Brandi was also far more negative about the company.

In one breath he will be saying how he still loves AEW and will always root for them, but then earlier this year when he re-signed with WWE, he basically scoffed at the idea he would even contemplate signing again with AEW, as if it is so beneath him. Obviously no one expects him to go back to AEW (at least right now), he's one of (if not the) top guys in WWE, he was going to main event Wrestlemania and then win the title, but his compliments of AEW often come across as backhanded compliments.

Speaking of AEW, is it being teased that there will be some kind of power struggle storyline and perhaps even an onscreen GM position being introduced?

There are some theories going around that an onscreen GM role could be either: Scott D'Amore, Kenny Omega or Sting.

Or maybe it's just silly internet speculation :lol:
I don't think it's a terrible idea, but some of WWE's worst periods creatively involved general managers so they need to be careful and do it right because "general manager" is an immediate red flag to some people. Plus, some will criticize it as AEW being too much like WWE. William Regal would have been so perfect. I also would love it if AEW had Cesar Duran a.k.a. Dario Cueto. I actually think it would be funny if Hangman temporarily became a GM. Just seeing him mess him the Bucks, Okada, and Swerve could be fun. With Swerve it could be this funny, passive aggressive thing. "Woah, easy there Swerve. Nobody is screwing you. If you're the champion that you say you are you should have no problem defending it in a no disqualification match against 10 other men"

I love the Hangman/Swerve rivalry and want to see it one day lead to them being friends and teaming together
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So here's all the female talent AEW has right now to really put things into perspective, plus I like pictures :lol:

I'm including ROH since it's basically just AEW's NXT at this point

Image1

Now if we throw in people Toni Kahn potentionaly has access too for special events and appearances:

I could post Stardom's entire roster in this section, but I chose some notable ones along with a few freelancers like Unagi Sayaki (who used to be in Stardom), Sareee, Maki Itoh, and Lady Frost, and a big name from CMLL (and also NJPW Strong Women's champion) in Stephanie Vaquer. Now WWE has a lot of great female talent right now, but when you look at the amount of international talent Tony Kahn has access to, the people already on his rosters, and the added freedom that wrestlers are allowed in the ring in his promotions (compared to WWE), his women's division should be DESTROYING anything from WWE in the next few years.
Last edited by Raging Justice on Wed May 01, 2024 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

You know I have to really praise Stardom talent for one thing. They use social media to push their storylines and maintain kayfabe. Here in the US, wrestlers break character and just use social media to bitch, moan, and act like children

Stardom just came off of a pretty big show, and everything on their Twitter accounts is them reacting to the events and fall out of the show and interacting with each other completely in kayfabe. Essentially they are fleshing out the stories coming out of that show. This is what I mean about people taking this pro wrestling shit seriously. Honestly, these girls talk on social media like anime characters :lol:

Hazuki to Starlight Kid: You chose to be evil, and when you are ostracized, you act like a tragic heroine. Even if you came back (to STARS), we wouldn't welcome you back.

Tam Nakano to Thekla: "Idol Queen? Thanks for the cutest nickname in the universe, Pudding♡ Idols are not just cute. They are a way of life itself, filled with dreams, hopes, and despair."

I absolutely love this shit :lol:

Sometimes we do get some fun social media stuff here too though, here's a very funny social media post from NXT's Arianna Grace.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... about_the/

That moment when you realize that you're the sane person and everyone else is crazy. Soon she'll be seeing the green code of the matrix :lol:

I feel like NXT is maybe the one thing in WWE right now that still has some entertainment value...which is a familiar feeling. Even with Triple H in charge it feels like we are seeing the same Vince McMahon era patterns playing out. I don't watch NXT regularly, but I see bits and pieces week to week. There's some good talent, some interesting characters, and some experimental stuff that they do there. Remember Shayna Bazler doing that match in GCW's Bloodport? With no ring and victory via knockout or submission only? She was involved with a similar type of match they did on NXT tonight.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkullX/status/17 ... 4372295832

I might actually watch Raw and Smackdown again if they put interesting stuff like that on them

I can't wait for this event. It sounds like it's going to be awesome! It's a throwback to the Lucha Underground days: