Flashback.. Wow

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Re: Flashback.. Wow

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

I like Flashback but I have never had the patience to get very far.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

Its def an excercise in trial and error. Once you can do a level though its a breeze.

I'm on the last level now and rapidly loosing patients with it but I'm determined to see it thru to the end now.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

fastbilly1 wrote:The original Prince of Persia is easily in my top five hardest games of all time. I am very disappointed that so many kids nowadays think that the series started with Sands of Time.

Yeah well, kids today, and a lot of adults apparently, never bother to research ANYTHING. So many human beings just go by what they've heard in life, never bothering to look anything up themselves. Uh oh, I feel a rant coming, better stop myself.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:The original Prince of Persia is easily in my top five hardest games of all time. I am very disappointed that so many kids nowadays think that the series started with Sands of Time.

Oh don't get me started, the Prince of Persia Movie came out today and at work (work in video rental and retail), one of our employees, a "hardcore" gamer keeps telling people the movie is based off of the original Prince of Persia game called The Sands of Time. All you can here in the store each time is me screaming in the background like a lunatic.

Sorry...to be back on topic I am so glad you are enjoying Flashback. It truly is an excellent and entertaining game to be sure. I had a very hard time at the very end and in the gameshow level (I forget what the game show was called....it's been a while). It was totally worth it. I do suggest trying the sequel, even though it is nothing like the original. It is a 3D action adventure game with some stunted controls, but the story is still and the world is still entertaining.

Everyone has hit all the mandatory ones. Out of this World and it's sequel Heart of the Alien are totally worth finding. The original creator recently reacquired the rights to Out of the World and re-released it for the PC with updated resolution and such, which is totally worth checking out. Sadly Heart of the Alien is Sega CD only and is somewhat tough to acquire, but again, totally worth it.

Everyone was right with Blackethorne, it plays almost exactly like Flashback, but much more action oriented. I had a blast playing through it and so would you simply because the gameplay feel is identical. If you want other games similar to this I suggest playing other games like the recently released Xbox Live game Limbo, which is a very dark and exciting platformer puzzle game that feels very reminiscent of Flashback. Check out the demo at least if you have the time.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

i got this for the genesis recently also, but controls are frustrating and i dont have enough patients playin it now, but eventuallly and hopefully i get through and complete this epic 16bit masterpiece
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

I nearly gave up because you've got to have precision button press all the time. Was getting really pissed at level 1, but felt compelled to at least beat level 1 before the game beat me. Was hooked by then though.

Its really rewarding when you get thru really difficult bit.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

someone wrote:I'm ... rapidly loosing patients ...

:shock:
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

Sorry for the thread necro...

Just picked this up at Vintage Stock this weekend for $4. I bought the Genesis version, although I heard the Sega CD is the best version. They also had a SNES version, but I passed on that.

I always wanted to play this game, now I'll get a chance. My best friend loves this game.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

How in the name of everything that's good and pure in this world hasn't the words
Oddworld and Abe been mentioned yet? Heart of Darkness is great,
but the Oddworld-series on PS1 is the king of cinematic platformers (although Anoter World is the one that had the largest impact)
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Completely loved Flashback.

It's a shame we never got Flashback Legends. The leaked stuff is really cool to look at.