WHICH VIDEO GAME IN YOUR COLLECTION IS YOUR GREATEST FIND?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
retrogamer

WHICH VIDEO GAME IN YOUR COLLECTION IS YOUR GREATEST FIND?

Post by retrogamer »

Out of all of the games in your collection which one represents your greatest find ie (got for free, bought really cheap even though it was valuable, found, or were just in the right place at the right time). I was in Kmart the other day shopping and found the Zelda Anniversary Collection for Gamecube. When it was scanned they could not get a price. The manager gave it to me for free since it says on the cover NOT FOR RESALE. They usually go for $60.00-$75.00 on Ebay. Not bad for a day out. I also picked up to factory sealed PSONE LCD monitors from there on clearance for $13.00 each. Kmart stores are worth checking out from time to time sine the videogame department has alot of great deals on clearance stuff since they do not sell alot of games like Walmart or other big competitors.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Well, my games aren't very big deals, but I've gotten some great deals on hardware:

CDX ~$35
NOMAD ~$18
White Saturn w/white controller and skeleton black $7
SEGA CD2 + Genesis 2 ~$12
US Saturn $4
SNES Model 2 $4

and so forth :D
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

I found Guardian Heroes at Goodwill for 6$. Thats really about the only cool find I can talk about. I may have to check Kmart stores a little more often... maybe I'll find some old sealed copy of Panorama Cotton sitting in their warehouse next to their canisters of 245 Trioxin. :)
Last edited by whupthewickedwurm on Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

I have to say my best find is broken xbox's. I love these things, i buy them for 30-60 dollars, throw in a mod chip for another 30-60 and then toss in one of my various old hard drives and then I just FTP poo loads of games on them. Pretty much every game up to 16 bit made, and quite a fiew playstation and N64 games.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

When I bought my original Sega CD at Funcoland back in the day it actually came with the box. I later sold the system with the box for about $100.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Dreamcast and seven games

Post by Mega-Dan »

Okay a system was involved, but it counts anyways...I got all this for $70 bucks plus shipping "buy it now", even without the hardware this would have been a killer deal.

Games:
Soul Calibur, Resident Evil Codename Veronica, Virtua Tennis, Chu Chu Rocket, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, NFL 2k, NBA 2k

Hardware:
Dreamcast (mint shape), 4 controlers (3 official, 1 crappy other brand), keyboard, modem, 2 memory cards and all original packaging including manuals etc.

What a haul!

Another good one was my N64 with 8 games, which included a N64, two controllers, Zelda, Mario 64, Doom 64, Madden 64, and a bunch of other awesome games for like $58 bucks plus shipping.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

I bought a Dreamcast + 7 games + 9 demos + 2 controllers + 1 VMU + 1 Rumble pack for $25.

That's really my only 'great' deal. I found Jet Set Radio Future for $5 last year, but it's apperantly pretty common now (despite me NEVER seeing it anywhere, even near the it's release). I also found Shenmue II for $10 in perfect condition (literally- no dust or scratches on the disk, no folds on the manual, etc) which counts for something too.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

The price for JSRF went down a bunch when it was on the JSRF/Sega GT combo disc as a pack-in game for the XBox a while ago.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

I know, I know, but finding it this much later when I've never seen it was pretty awesome.
Jubal
64-bit

Post by Jubal »

I do the second hand store rounds pretty often

not that they are super rare, but i was really happy with...

Shadowrun for Genesis $1
and
MJs Moonwalker for Genesis $1

-Jubal-