What's your username mean?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

What's your username mean?

Post by racketboy »

I was just thinking.... there are a lot of people on here with interesting nicks on here and I'm sure many of them have a unique story behind them. So, I was hoping we could all share how we came up with our names.

I'll start....

Mine started my freshman year in college. My roommates (all four of us were freshman -- can you imagine :) ), always had a hard time pronouncing my last name correctly. So instead of trying they just called me Racket (which sounds fairly close).

Whenever they introduced me to somebody, they intoduced me as Racket (my roommates were a little "different"). I always got funny looks from people when this happened. Sometimes I just said, "Hi, my name's is actually..." After 3 years (I stopped school after that) it kinda spread and stuck with me.

So anyway, I just took "racket" and threw a "boy" on the end of it and got "racketboy". Simple enough, huh?

Post by Guest »

well hi im new here

well first nightwalker is that im always a loner and im usually a night guy and my friends always called me the bat but that sounds creepy so i just changed to nightwalker. I like the sound of it.

hey racketboy i know this doesnt goes here but congratulations you got and excellent site i just bought a chip from you just this days. I practically own all the consoles i just need the neo geo and call me crazy im bidding on one on ebay for 400 but hey like you said nothing beats the good old school games. So keep up the great work and if anybody needs help just ask.
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

hehe sry forgot to loggin

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

thanks for stoping by!
I hope you stick around :)

Actually, everybody is new to the forum since it just opened yesterday.

If fact, I still have yet to add a link the my site's menu :)
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

Thanks racketboy i just received the modchip today and i was looking at the sega extreme forums i got the same model as gogou and im gona follow his pictures he said it worked so wish me luck and DAMN DUDE YOU SURE SHIP FAST THAT CHIP.

I know this doesnt goes here but i didnt wanted to make a new thread

Post by Guest »

neohx_7 is from when I got into NeoGeo emulation when it was first added to MAME back a looong time ago.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

Anonymous wrote:neohx_7 is from when I got into NeoGeo emulation when it was first added to MAME back a looong time ago.

DOH! I forgot to login too. wtf
Man in Pit

Post by Man in Pit »

I cannot remember why I chose my e-mail (fellinapit), which inspires the rest of my names, but I think I was having a bad day with SMB or something.
Nice to see you, Racketboy. I think I first saw you on Saturntorrents.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Hey man -- I remember you :)
Yeah it's a bummer ST went down. But I'm glad to see you here!

I really need to put the forums on the main menu soon so we get more action here :)
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

It is named after the biblical snake, Saraph, called "fiery serpent" in popular English translations.
A Seraph was also a type of "celestial being". The Seraphim, which, like the Cherubim, were used as Chariots of God and his angels.

Thats the meaning, but really, I recognized the name from a Final Fantasy game, thus I tried to use it as my username on FFXI, but someone had already taken Seraph, so I chose the next best thing, Saraph. I usually follow my username with roman numerals, 13 being my favourite number.