New FF 13 trailer

Level up here
andythebadass
32-bit

Re: New FF 13 trailer

Post by andythebadass »

glynnahab wrote:Those sure are some fancy graphics. Unfortunately, I'll probably never play it. I don't see myself buying a PS3 any time in the future. Kinda sucks because I liked most of what I've played from the FF series.

Also, is it just my imagination, or did andythebadass and Dakinggamer87 both type this exact same sentence?:

"The character detail and animation look amazing!"

Weird.

ff 13 is coming out for the xbox360 also... it was the surprise of e3 2008

Systems: NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Virtual Boy, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, PS3
Portables: Gameboy, Neo Geo Pocket Color, DS, PSP, iPhone
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yup, it's coming out for the 360, but only in the West. In Japan it's still PS3 exclusive. Such is the magic of the different install bases in each country.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

So it's a bunch of pretty doll-like people placed in a game where you press X 5000 times to win? I'll pass, again.

Square, could you get off your asses and make a new Einhander, Bushido Blade, or fucking anything that's actually fun? Thanks.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Mozgus wrote:So it's a bunch of pretty doll-like people placed in a game where you press X 5000 times to win? I'll pass, again.

Square, could you get off your asses and make a new Einhander, Bushido Blade, or fucking anything that's actually fun? Thanks.

We all want a new Einhander or Bushido Blade, but since they make all their money on their RPGs...well, I'm sure you get the picture.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

andythebadass wrote:ff 13 is coming out for the xbox360 also... it was the surprise of e3 2008

I forgot about that. Alas, the game is still irrelevant to me since I don't own a 360 either.
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
vejita
64-bit

Post by vejita »

I've only ever played the demo version of Einhander when I got a Playstation- but it was good fun. And haven't Bushido Blade fans wanted another game for a while now? It'd be interesting to see the changes made for the new generation

I hope FF13 will help spark the rpgs back- but as for me I don't really need the pretty stuff; I'm more concerned with story and gameplay! Soooo.... probably not.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I always used to say I was into story and gameplay, and then I realized that most JRPG story is shlock and most JRPG gameplay is menial and completely non-strategic. So I guess when I am into JRPGs, I'm into it for something to do that's not terribly engrossing but able to suck away all my free time.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

marurun wrote:So I guess when I am into JRPGs, I'm into it for something to do that's not terribly engrossing but able to suck away all my free time.

That about how I feel about them, just add "able to play well while drunk".
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Okay seriously guys, what's the last Final Fantasy game you've played? Try mashing X over and over again in Crisis Core and I guarantee you'll get your ass handed to you. You can get away with it early on, but not as you get farther in and you'll never have a chance against any of the tough later missions and optional battles and bosses. You actually have to *gasp* dodge attacks and maneuver around in that game AND you need good equipment set ups and strategies. Try mashing X over and over again against Minerva.

You can't beat ANY of the tougher bosses in Final Fantasy 12 by just mashing X over and over either. You need really solid strategies and the ability to change up your gameplan when the bosses do something different or you die and QUICKLY. This is true of EVERY Final Fantasy game from FF1 to FF 12. Even with the gambit system you need to come up with some rather complex set ups for them to work and even then you'll need to step in and improvise throughout many of the fights

Seriously, it's lame when people bash things they don't really play, like a legion of Dynasty Warriors reviews I could rant all day about, which pretty much amount to the same BS about how you can mash X all day when playing them. Like any of those reviewers have ever taken on any of the games' tougher challenges. Basically when I read a DW review that says you can mash X all day it means you played for twenty minutes, probably on easy and wrote your review. You know what? EVERY game is easy in the early goings
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Most 80s and early 90s Square JRPGS are something really special. They had a great story and nice character direction. After FF6 the magic was lost and the characters started to look very girly. I stopped caring about the main character when they started looking like he man she bitches. FF13 has a girl main character thank god. I had a FF desktop on my computer at one point and my fiance saw it and thought I turned gay.