The Walking Dead tv series

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: The Walking Dead tv series

Post by stickem »

Fragems wrote:Also can someone clear this up for me did Rick take a bite to his hand an episode back? I didn't think he did but it was kind of hard to tell and a bunch of people seem to be assuming he did.

To me it looked like he nicked his hand and got some infected blood in it. Seeing as how they constantly touch the dead and end of getting covered in blood that didn't seem like a biggie to me. Hell I don't even get how they go about with the bites being fatal since everyone is infected already and it's just dead tissue it's not like they have venom or saliva half of them hardly even have a mouth at all in the first place :P. If anything chopping them up and getting sprayed with blood would be more dangerous, but then again we aren't going for 28 Days later style realism here I guess.

he cuts it on the machete that is sticking out of the one walker. The way he's carrying on I thought he was bit, but I can't remember if something that cut through a walker and then cuts you can equal the effects of a bite - something tells me it does as my vague recollection from the comics suggests something to do with Rick and a hand.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Rick chops his hand off during the prison in the comics but I'm pretty sure that was due to a bite.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Fragems wrote:Rick chops his hand off during the prison in the comics but I'm pretty sure that was due to a bite.

IIRC it has to do with the Governor plot line, and does not involve a bite in the comic. Previously it has been stated that they are trying to avoid Rick losing a hand in the show, but IDK if they'll stick to that.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Oh yeah completely forgot :P been a while since I read the comics.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:
Fragems wrote:Rick chops his hand off during the prison in the comics but I'm pretty sure that was due to a bite.

IIRC it has to do with the Governor plot line, and does not involve a bite in the comic. Previously it has been stated that they are trying to avoid Rick losing a hand in the show, but IDK if they'll stick to that.

Yeah I imagine dealing with the prosthetics all the time would be a hassle
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

We're wayyyy past Rick losing an upper limb, but it is always a possibility it could happen. A few of the comics focused on amputating bitten areas, but I find it unlikely Rick will have something severed (other than his heart) on the tv series.

I'm wondering what the next destination for Rick & Co. will be.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I don't like blondie woman with veiny hands.. but I guess in the post-apoc you can be a cheating bitch without judicial consequence :lol: And Anita Sarkeesian had the hots for the doctor but they flipped the tables on us in this episodes LMAO (yes yes I know it wasn't homoerotic per se).. Last but not least, the way Maggie took out the swab with her corpse-infested hand and applied it on whatshisname's cut :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Uh, so why exactly does woman who took that one class one time have to bear the weight of being the only doctor when her credentials are just as valid as the rest of the useless Alexandrians? Maybe her lesbian love interest could read a couple medical books too instead of being nowhere and then popping in to check on her once per episode.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Man, doc walked by within a hundred yards of a medical school, so she's clearly more than qualified :lol: I keep coming back to this show despite its uneven (at best) writing.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Worst... lesbian kiss...ever

all this bouncing around irritates me, but i'll still watch lol. every season it does it. everybody is together for an episode then they all split up. then the show bounces around to each group for numerous episodes, then at the finale they all reunite. bounce, bounce, bounce. i get interested in one side story and it bounces to some other shit and forget what was happening when it finally returns. and they sure make alot of speeches in the apocalypse. Lots of monologuing.