Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

Post by jmbarnes101 »

mas wrote:Jmbarnes be careful. My GameStop has Mario all stars used for 30.00 and Mario all stars new for 20.00. Same goes for tropical freeze. Also the trade on Mario all stars is 10.00.

Your GS is pricing wrong. Tropical Freeze and Mario World used in the system are now less then the Selects price and the rest, except NES Remix which they didn't seem to get, should be as well.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

jmbarnes101 wrote:
mas wrote:Jmbarnes be careful. My GameStop has Mario all stars used for 30.00 and Mario all stars new for 20.00. Same goes for tropical freeze. Also the trade on Mario all stars is 10.00.

Your GS is pricing wrong. Tropical Freeze and Mario World used in the system are now less then the Selects price and the rest, except NES Remix which they didn't seem to get, should be as well.

Some Gamestops are really slow to change the labels, but they should all be updated in the system.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

strangenova wrote:I can't speak for the older selects, but I got a Wii u, a Wii, and a 3ds select from this batch and none of them came with a manual

I just picked up the LAST copy of Pikmin 3 at my local Best Buy (was in the back storeroom) and after breaking the shrink wrap confirmed no game manual! A flyer inside pointing out the manual can be read online. Turns out around a year ago WiiU games no longer include a printed manual, just the stupid flyer stating the manual can be streamed from online. For example, WiiU NES Remix even original appears to not ever include a printed manual. :roll:

Checking online, no Gamestop (over 30 locations) in my area has a used copy of Pikmin 3 in stock. I wanted to verify if the original came with a manual. Of note, the few Gamestop stores I visited yesterday mentioned they have not seen Pikmin 3 for quite some time and already sold out of the Selects version.

I also confirmed as in the other Selects games, Wii Super Mario All Stars does not include a manual. No Bonus Soundtrack CD or History Book or outer box to house both cases. :?

==========================================================

1. Buy WiiU Pikmin 3 while you can, the disc version will definitely shoot up in price!

2. Buy the original Wii Super Mario All Stars if you want the manual. Search ALL the Gamestop locations, just maybe on a slim chance might find the outer box, History Book and Sound Track CD.
OR
3. Wii Mario All Stars Bonus Sound Track with History Book is currently averaging for only ten dollars online. Buy the newer selects or original locally and order the bonus material online from Ebay immediately. That bonus CD Red DVD Case with History Book will also shoot up in price as others try to "CIB" the newer selects incomplete release. As mentioned earlier, the rarest item of this game would be the original release outer cardboard box!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

CRT: how did you not know that about the manuals? I've never seen a 3ds or wii u title with a manual. I know they're doing it to save paper/money but come on....I'd rather have a physical manual. Please nintendo kill some trees XD
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

darsparx wrote:CRT: how did you not know that about the manuals? I've never seen a 3ds or wii u title with a manual. I know they're doing it to save paper/money but come on....I'd rather have a physical manual. Please nintendo kill some trees XD

Smash bros for wii u came with a little manual and shovel knight comes with a glorious manual filled with artwork and tips and it's just so good.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

strangenova wrote:
darsparx wrote:CRT: how did you not know that about the manuals? I've never seen a 3ds or wii u title with a manual. I know they're doing it to save paper/money but come on....I'd rather have a physical manual. Please nintendo kill some trees XD

Smash bros for wii u came with a little manual and shovel knight comes with a glorious manual filled with artwork and tips and it's just so good.

That's because Yacht Club is awesome af.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I literally couldn't care less about the lack of a manual.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

alienjesus wrote:I literally couldn't care less about the lack of a manual.

I wish they still included manuals, but it's a very minimal care for me.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I literally couldn't care less about the lack of a manual.

I wish they still included manuals, but it's a very minimal care for me.

I used to read game manuals if they had cool extra story details or something in there that wasn't available anywhere, which manuals haven't had in like 20 years.

I also used to read them on the bus home after I bought a new game to give me something to do until I could play. My games generally get posted straight to my door now so why bother?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I like manuals alot. I often find myself looking through gameboy and genesis manuals and just laughing at the stories and cheesy jokes, or checking out spell lists for rpgs and such. I love when they used to include mini maps