Let's have a western animation thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pakopako
Next-Gen

Re: Let's have a western animation thread

Post by pakopako »

AppleQueso wrote:If you buy the four volumes of (B:tAS) separately you can get them pretty cheapish.
Isn't that still a few DVDs shy of the box set?
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

pakopako wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:If you buy the four volumes of (B:tAS) separately you can get them pretty cheapish.
Isn't that still a few DVDs shy of the box set?

No, it's everything. The box set is just a repackaging. You'd have to buy the movies separate, but those aren't in the big box set either. They're really cheap anyhow.
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

AppleQueso wrote:No, it's everything. The box set is just a repackaging. You'd have to buy the movies separate, but those aren't in the big box set either. They're really cheap anyhow.
Maybe not that cheap. Amazon lists the 4-season set as $130. (Then again, the complete box is $230.)

For an extra $100, there's gotta be something I can't remember. An artbook and a history of the Bat? (Maybe not worth the extra $100...) I'll probably stick to catching whatever episodes are on DailyMotion when I get the itch.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

pakopako wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:No, it's everything. The box set is just a repackaging. You'd have to buy the movies separate, but those aren't in the big box set either. They're really cheap anyhow.
Maybe not that cheap. Amazon lists the 4-season set as $130. (Then again, the complete box is $230.)

For an extra $100, there's gotta be something I can't remember. An artbook and a history of the Bat? (Maybe not worth the extra $100...) I'll probably stick to catching whatever episodes are on DailyMotion when I get the itch.

I'm pretty sure there's a sketchbook and something about how to draw Batman....Not sure if that's worth the extra money. I just need season 3 myself.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Archer is fucking amazing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Can't wait for Lantern and YJ tomorrow. Gotta enjoy these while I still can
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Archer is fucking amazing.

Truth.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Retrodude
128-bit

Post by Retrodude »

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. Many people have noted that for a company like Disney who loves to sell their back-catalog over and over, it makes no sense that they treat their tv cartoons like a leper colony or something. I keep hoping that they'll make these shows available via the disney movie club ala Warner Archive and, in fact, there does appear to be some movement there as I recently saw two 20-episode volumes of The Weekenders in the online store. Testing the waters, perhaps?
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

Felidae (1994)

Run Time: 82 minutes

A German film. The story centers around the cat Francis as he moves to a new neighborhood. Almost immediately, he comes across the body of slain cat and starts to get involved in a series of seemingly related cat massacres. As he continues looking into the events surrounding these murders, he begins to become involved in an even bigger plot hanging over the area.

fel1.png
fel1.png (340.01 KiB) Viewed 597 times

For the first couple minutes I wasn't sure what to think, but I was pleasantly surprised by how awesome this film is. Very dark and gritty for something featuring anthropomorphic animals. The murder mystery plot is pretty engaging and covers subject matter that totally defied what I expected going in (genocide, chilling scientific experimentation, even occultism is highly prevalent). At times these elements were almost even shocking just because I'm so unaccustomed to seeing a movie with this type of visual style possessing them. Visually the film is quite good, and especially the nightmare sequences look amazing.

Having gushed about that, this movie isn't perfect. Sometimes the violent and sexual elements feel a little unnecessary and clumsy, and I felt like the ending was a little lukewarm for how much I enjoyed everything before it. Despite this, the movie manages to pull these things off a majority of the time without becoming excessive or shallow (which is the real danger when striving to display violence like this).