S2 (my segasaturn 2 beta topic)

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

marurun wrote:RyaNtheSlayA, you were originally saying you wanted to shop it around as a prototype. That strongly implies intent to sell.

If your intentions have changed you have to make a clear announcement to that effects. We can't read your mind. Internet postings usually don't convey what's in people's heads the way said people think they do.

Now you're talking like you just want to make a Linux or WinCE based emulation box in which you simply carefully pick your PC hardware. That's cool, but a far cry from what your initial posting seems to indicate.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, and yes itll be an emulation box in which we plan to: upres existing saturn games, and alow homebrew saturn games with higherres textures and alow ports from other consoles to a saturn format. But we are running into some major problems with AA in PD2. What we might try to do is put in a high res texture pack like they have done for SM64. We can upres the game sure, but when we enable the AA it becomes even more muddy, if smoother.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Heck if it works and has a decent price Ill buy one. But it would not be perfect without controller ports...just saying.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
marurun wrote:RyaNtheSlayA, you were originally saying you wanted to shop it around as a prototype. That strongly implies intent to sell.

If your intentions have changed you have to make a clear announcement to that effects. We can't read your mind. Internet postings usually don't convey what's in people's heads the way said people think they do.

Now you're talking like you just want to make a Linux or WinCE based emulation box in which you simply carefully pick your PC hardware. That's cool, but a far cry from what your initial posting seems to indicate.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, and yes itll be an emulation box in which we plan to: upres existing saturn games, and alow homebrew saturn games with higherres textures and alow ports from other consoles to a saturn format. But we are running into some major problems with AA in PD2. What we might try to do is put in a high res texture pack like they have done for SM64. We can upres the game sure, but when we enable the AA it becomes even more muddy, if smoother.

To make textures sharp, you need anisotropic filtering. Not AA. AA just smoothes off lines that aren't 90º or parallel with the edges of the screen.

You say you're going to port games to the Saturn format? How are you going to get hold of the source? Unless you are a genius and can reverse engineer retail games it's going to be extremely hard if not impossible.

I smell bullshit.

Pics or it's just smoke.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

devilmyarse wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

To make textures sharp, you need anisotropic filtering. Not AA. AA just smoothes off lines that aren't 90º or parallel with the edges of the screen.

You say you're going to port games to the Saturn format? How are you going to get hold of the source? Unless you are a genius and can reverse engineer retail games it's going to be extremely hard if not impossible.

I smell bullshit.

Pics or it's just smoke.

I am personally not, AS I SAID PEOPLE I AM MAKING THIS FOR THE HOMEBREW COMMUNITY. Jeez i feel like some of the people on this topic read half of the message then go and rant on and on. Jeez
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
elph
32-bit

Re: S2 (my segasaturn 2 beta topic)

Post by elph »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Here i will post updates on the progress of our concept to present to sega, if they dont accept it, we will sell it to some company like Yobo that takes those kinds of consoles.

Tommarow will be checkpoint 1.
CONCEPT
art
specs
features

what are you, like 12?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

elph wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Here i will post updates on the progress of our concept to present to sega, if they dont accept it, we will sell it to some company like Yobo that takes those kinds of consoles.

Tommarow will be checkpoint 1.
CONCEPT
art
specs
features

what are you, like 12?

In an earlier post he said he was 14.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
devilmyarse wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

I smell bullshit.

Pics or it's just smoke.

I am personally not, AS I SAID PEOPLE I AM MAKING THIS FOR THE HOMEBREW COMMUNITY. Jeez i feel like some of the people on this topic read half of the message then go and rant on and on. Jeez

I'm sorry but I have been reading this topic, purely for entertainment value and you have changed your intentions at least 3 times now. First it was 'I'm going to design a Saturn 2 and then sell their own IP back to Sega'. When everyone said that this was an obviously smart idea, you changed you mind again. "I'm just going to make a PC for homebrewers to use". Erm ok? Dumb idea of the century? You don't need to buy new hardware to just code homebrew… The only thing that has stayed consistent in this entire thread is that your friend. Thats if he exists… Is working on porting a Saturn emulator to Linux and that he plans on making the emulator upscale and add anti-aliasing into it. Then you go and say something completely idiotic that completely refutes all your claims, in that you're going to port games from other consoles… Erm even if you had the source that's quite a monumental task and would require some serious computer engineering knowledge to be able to port any game to the Saturn's dual CPUs. Some of the best devs for the Saturn said they had huge problems working with the dual CPU platform of the Saturn.

Please excuse me if I'm skeptical…
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

I can't believe I just read all that.

This has all been very funny. A "sarcastathon", if you will.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

happy birthday ya dingus
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

memoreeeeeees