Spelunky!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Spelunky!

Post by noiseredux »

awesome!

I was thinking of installing it on my laptop as well so I can leave my game room once in a while. I want to grab a Logitech F710 for my laptop because it uses a tiny dongle. The Xbox One dongle is like the size of a Roku Stick which feels like an accident waiting to happen jutting out the side of a laptop.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

For big adapters like that, I just buy usb pigtails and velcro it to the lid.
jbeedham
8-bit

Post by jbeedham »

Is this game basically a copy of Spelunker for the NES? I used to play that game for hours back in the day.
AES | CDZ | Dreamcast | Duo | Genesis | NES | SNES | Xbox | 7800
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

jbeedham wrote:Is this game basically a copy of Spelunker for the NES? I used to play that game for hours back in the day.

It is nothing like Spelunker for the NES. Some people were confused on the earlier posts.

Here is an article that covers differences at a high level:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/delv ... -spelunky/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you know those blocks in the temple that crush you if you get in their line of sight? I HATE those blocks. So much.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I love that we're playing this for the daily challenges. So fun.

Fellow gamers, this is Top 10 Games of all time material here, if you haven't played it, you should! And do the daily challenges with us on Steam!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Easily one of the best games of all time. It is possibly the pinnacle of risk/reward skill/luck gameplay. There is so much depth to it that it is simply incredible.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

It is a deep game. I'm about 6 hours of play into it and still haven't reached the 3rd world. With the levels changing every run - it is always fresh. I'm happy I started playing it. It is an idea i've had for a long-time - a platformer that could be played competitively and quickly (without the use of cheats).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

to echo, yeah it is def one of my favorite games of the 2000's. Possibly one of my favorite games ever. I did hundreds of runs of Spelunky Classic. I'm now almost 300 runs into Spelunky HD. And in the meantime, I've been reading the book on its making. It's crazy that such a "simple" game can be as insanely deep as this one is. To Mike's point, I'm nearing 40 hours - and still learning things nightly!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Steam says I am at 53 hours, its more like 353. For some reason my offline time does not log when Steam syncs. Even after all this time, I still learn things about map seeding that I did not know and have never seen. Like last night I had a alien spawn in a pot on 1:1.