Games Beaten 2015

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten 2015

Post by foxhound1022 »

Well, I'll post in here since I actually finished a game.

Far Cry 4 (PS3) - Beat all the campaign missions, hunting missions, hostage rescues, assassinations, and eye for an eye missions.

Unlocked all the skills and weapons as well, but still have to get all the masks, lost letters, and journal pages.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

foxhound1022 wrote:Well, I'll post in here since I actually finished a game.

Far Cry 4 (PS3) - Beat all the campaign missions, hunting missions, hostage rescues, assassinations, and eye for an eye missions.

Unlocked all the skills and weapons as well, but still have to get all the masks, lost letters, and journal pages.

I take it you like it, since you did all that?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yeah, I played FC3 but never got around to beating it.

I played off and on with my brother in law on co-op which is cool, but I also thought it made the game too easy to take over compounds and even the fortresses.

Right now I'm at 85.08% complete, and have 55 hrs and 49 min. So it definitely is a game to sink some hours into. Granted, if you just do the story missions outright, you could probably beat it in 20 hrs or less.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

1. Grandia (PlayStation)
2. Jungle Hunt (Xbox - Taito Legends)
3. Jungle Hunt (Atari 2600)
4. Jungle Hunt (Plug & Play - ColecoVision Flashback)
5. Donkey Kong (Atari 2600)
6. Donkey Kong (Intellivision)
7. Donkey Kong (ColecoVision)
8. Bubble Bobble (NES)
9. Side Arms: Hyper Dyne (PSP - Capcom Classics Collection Remixed)
10. 1941: Counter Attack (PSP - Capcom Classics Collection Remixed)
11. Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PSP)
12. The Ninja Kids (Xbox - Taito Legends)
13. Neutopia (TurboGrafx-16)
14. Golden Axe Warrior (Xbox 360 - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection)
15. Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (Dreamcast)

Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - not to be confused with Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star Online Episode II, or Phantasy Star Online 2 - is exactly what it sounds like. It's an updated version of Phantasy Star Online, released shortly after the original game. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with PSO last year and wanted to give it another go, without literally playing the same game.

Well, turns out this is almost identical to the original. Some of the changes are (were?) only applicable to online users, such as additional anti-cheating measures. There's also a higher difficulty setting here, as well as a new level cap of 200 (completely insane).

Since I didn't want to sink another 40+ hours of my life into PSO I elected to import my data from the original into Ver. 2 (warning: irreversible!!!). It's not just the character that's transferred, but literally the save itself. This means that when I booted up the game I was fully equipped to head into the final dungeon and take on Dark Falz. I chose not to do this however, and instead leisurely explored each of the four dungeons and did some questing. All said, I sunk about five hours into this.

The game itself? I won't write too much as I went into extensive detail last year - but I will say this: it's brilliant. One of the most immersive and, dare I say, "addictive" games ever developed. You can still get this sealed for less than $15. Don't miss out.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

1. Resident Evil 4 (PS3) Digital
2. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) Disc Version
3. Dying Light (PS4) Disc Version

Well not a lot to say truthfully. Mirrors Edge meet Survival Horror (or Dead Island). Took 20 hours with my sight seeing included. It was fun to firebomb hoards and trying to out run baddies. Lots of cheap deaths and some extremely tricky first person platforming. Whoever thought first person precision platforming was fun thought wrong. Thankfully the game is forgiving most of the time.

Why they did not let you have the grappling hook right out of the gate puzzles me to no end. Once you get this the platforming is fun. Story is dumb for the most part and the ending boss battles was nothing short of disappointing and really should have been done differently. Final boss=no fight just quick time. WHY?????
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Games Beaten 2015

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - 3DS
A Bird Story - PC
Quake - PC
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - PS4
Quake: Scourge of Armagon - PC
Quake: Dissolution of Eternity - PC
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - NDS
Painkiller - PC
Gungrave: Overdose - PS2
Adventure -Atari 2600 (PS2)
Auto Racing - Intellivision (PS2) [1979]
Boxing - Atari 2600 (PS2) [1980]
The Count - TI99/4A (emulated) [1981]
Dragonstomper - Atari 2600/Starpath Supercharger (emulated) [1982]
Enduro - Atari 2600 (PS2) [1983]
Diablo III - PS4
Front Line - Atari 2600 (emulated) [1984] *new*
Gertie Goose - The Lost Eggs - C64 (emulated) [1985] *new*

Total: 18

Previously: 2014 | The First 400 Games

Both of these are very short but worth your time.

Front Line is another very good, little known Atari 2600 game that is more or less an early VCS version of a later game like Commando (which came out on the system four years later) or Ikari Warriors (which didn't hit the console until 1989). I looped it by taking out the gun at the top of the screen and kept playing for a while until I ran out of lives, so I am counting it.

Gertie Goose is a goofy C64 game that is a lot of fun. You control Gertie and run around the farm hiding from demon henchmen, collecting eggs and keys, and trying to win the game by collecting more eggs than the Demon King. I cleared it (beat the king) on both the default ("easy") and on "average" difficulties. It is fun to play as a goose. Goat Simulator ain't got nothin' on Gertie.

I am taking a week off from going through my alpha-by-year challenge until the copy of Hydlide (NES) I ordered gets in next week. So far, the challenge has really exposed me to/forced me to choose game that I never would have played and I would strongly encourage everyone to give it a try this year :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Maybe I will Dave. It's an interesting concept for sure.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I've decided I'm gonna try the alphabet and year challenges next year, but separately.

I glanced at my RFGen profile last night, I easily have at least a few unbeaten games per letter.

For the year challenge I'll start in 1976 (beginning of 2nd gen) and go to present.

I've never heard of Front Line before! Looks to be a Taito arcade game that was later ported to several systems. I don't think it made it to any Taito compilations though or I would have remembered it (maybe?).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I was going to try the yearly challenge next year depending on how many games I have that qualify - I don't want to have to buy 20 games to be able to participate.

I'd probably start from 1988 and go until the current year - one game for every year I've been alive.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

dsheinem wrote:Front Line

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've never heard of Front Line before! Looks to be a Taito arcade game that was later ported to several systems. I don't think it made it to any Taito compilations though or I would have remembered it (maybe?).

You should both try the arcade original at some point. (If you don't want to emulate it, it is available on Taito Legends 2.) I looped it last year, and I was impressed with it. It is quite challenging, and its combat mechanics were way ahead of their time. (Also - and FYI - it was included in EGM 200's list of "best games of their time" back in 2006.)

Interestingly, there is a "sequel" for the Gameboy Color, and the U.S. version of the sequel stars DC Comics' Sgt. Rock.