Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Erik_Twice wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:From my experience, enemies only have the red outline if the enemy scan ability has been used.

Does it? It shows in all the screenshots I have. I actually checked and it shows on the vast majority of screenshots, though some publications took them with the disabled HUD so it doesn't show up in some.

I disagree with the back and forth. While same games that were skill imbalanced were very one sided, the closer matched games had a lot of back and forth at checkpoints.

More than back and forth, what I meant was a MOBA-like back in forth in which characters literally go back and forth until they "gank" someone and push while the enemy is down. It seems they were going for something like that but I'm not fond of it.

This game to me plays much different than most other shooters with the exception of TF2.

You know, I know I've been as guilty as anyone else of making this comparison but I think the TF2 comparisons are overblown. For me, TF2 is Quake. It's an area control game, with a very heavy emphasis on firefights and deathmatch. Overwatch takes a lot from TF2, but not its Quake heritage which to me defines it.

What do you mean by hitscan weapons?

I have this very strange habit of writing my articles addressing a general audience and then dropping these incredibly technical terms that only a few nerds know, sorry :lol:

Ack has posted the true, technical definition so it's hard to top that, but what I mean by that in my review is that the game is built on a "chasis" that assumes the default gun is an automatic rifle or similar gun, like Titanfall or Evolve. It's hard for me to explain why in detail, though.

Simply, if you think abot the weapons of Overwatch and their attributes, I think you'll see that the automatic rifle is the default" one. This gives the game a very different feel than games where shotguns or rocket launchers are considered the default like most old-school shooters.

I will have to check the red outline thing again tonight when I play. I had only recalled seeing it while scan, but I could be recalling it wrong.

I do a good bit of technical detail, but was unfamiliar with this term. But shooters and FPS are out of my realm of expertise. I am only a casual fan.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Omg, do want.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ok, I have it for PC. Wish me luck.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

cool! I haven't played in a few months. I should check back in.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Guys at work were so wanting me to get it, I had to cave, plus they gave me $15 towards it. :lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

how much do you need towards Duelyst?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I haven't been doing as well as I'd like in Season 2. I think I need to force myself to play more D.Va, rather than waiting to see what people pick and then do Zenyatta.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:how much do you need towards Duelyst?

Possibly a different game? :lol: I haven't played enough to tell yet.

MrPopo wrote:I haven't been doing as well as I'd like in Season 2. I think I need to force myself to play more D.Va, rather than waiting to see what people pick and then do Zenyatta.

D.Va's juggernaut + ult is pretty entertaining. It's kind of like bowling in the right arena. :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I didn't even realize we had an Overwatch thread. TIME TO PLUG THE BLOG POST I WROTE WITH MY REVIEW.

http://elkinfencer10.weebly.com/home/overwatch-ps4
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode