Together RPG - Skies of Arcadia - 8/4 -> 10/4

Level up here
terrin707
16-bit

Re: Together RPG - Skies of Arcadia - 8/4 -> 10/4

Post by terrin707 »

I've never understood the qualm with glossy surfaces; they have never bothered me. Do some people sit there looking at the fingerprint marks and feel an uncontrollable urge to clean? I really don't understand this :lol:

On another note, I'll be playing the Gamecube version of the game, although I own the Dreamcast version as well. The previous conversation about higher graphics fidelity in the DC original has me surprised -- I did not realize this was the case. I am in the camp, though, that favors the lowered random encounters and greater content. Perhaps playing the Gamecube version in the Dolphin emulator with graphics enhancements would offer the best of both worlds.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

terrin707 wrote:I've never understood the qualm with glossy surfaces; they have never bothered me. Do some people sit there looking at the fingerprint marks and feel an uncontrollable urge to clean? I really don't understand this :lol:

It looks terrible. I can suppress it, but I also know people that are much more concerned with having things look clean, and it bothers the heck out of them. I totally, completely get it!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Besides being insane fingerprint magnets, hard plastic glossy surfaces make my hands sweat like crazy. I'll take a matte surface any day of the week.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I hit my first roadblock last night; the Rockworm who likes to spam his move that does 500 to everyone and that other move that stones people. Utterly trashed me the first time and I don't know if I'd do any better the second time.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I always found the game to be unfortunately unbalanced when it came to bosses.

I also found the airship battles to be way more difficult than the standard boss battles. In fact, the first time I completed the game I just barely squeaked by that first ship battle. I didn't have a decent supply of rockets or whatever and backtracking wasn't really feasible.

I don't quite recall the boss you're referencing tho Popo... I'm sure I had issues with it too.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I've reached the point where I feel like I'm rolling and I'm either halfway through or near enough to it. I feel like I now have the tools I need to succeed, and I haven't had any real problems since the Rock Worm. The exploration system is a nice idea that's massively hurt by the high encounter rate; it really disincentivizes me from searching for stuff.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Halfway through the game?! Have you swapped discs already? Or are you playing the GameCube version?

Yeah the random sky battles are the most annoying of all.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I haven't switched disks yet; I'm going by the howlongtobeat metrics. I'm 15 hours in and howlongtobeat is showing 45 hours and I've found I usually beat those estimates. Right now I'm at the part of the game where I reenact Moby Dick. Hopefully it goes better for me than Ishmael.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Halfway through the game?!

If nothing else, Mr. Popo is a lean, mean RPG beatin' machine.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So my sailing career just escalated. It's too bad the ship to ship combat is so rote; avoid dying until you get to use your super weapon, then win.

Also, am I the only one playing? That's fine if I am; I enjoy posting about what I play and if no one else is joining I might as well go into more details; I've been holding off in case people might get spoiled by my ramblings.