Games Beaten 2014

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten 2014

Post by Ack »

If the format doesn't matter to you, Dredd Vs. Death is $5.99 on GOG.com. The arcade and multiplayer modes do get compared to Timesplitters 2, but I don't think I would pay $15. $10, sure, if you can find it at that.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

Yeah, I beat Super Mario RPG this summer, my mind is blown that people still rank that game so highly. It's a decent play through, but all time great game?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Ack wrote:If the format doesn't matter to you, Dredd Vs. Death is $5.99 on GOG.com. The arcade and multiplayer modes do get compared to Timesplitters 2, but I don't think I would pay $15. $10, sure, if you can find it at that.

Also good to know. I'll wait on a decent price. If not, I can get it on GOG.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

When Paper Mario first came out, I didn't like it as much as SMRPG and was initially disappointed.

Since then, though, I've pretty much turned around. Paper Mario's definitely a better game.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

I didn't like Paper Mario at all when it first came out, I thought it was blasphemous compared to Super Mario RPG.

I've never went back and played the original Paper Mario, the length turns me off a lot, and I remember the party/battle system being really bare boned.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Violent By Design wrote:I didn't like Paper Mario at all when it first came out, I thought it was blasphemous compared to Super Mario RPG.

I've never went back and played the original Paper Mario, the length turns me off a lot, and I remember the party/battle system being really bare boned.

As opposed to Mario RPG, where each character has about 2 usable moves at any one time anyhow~?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

alienjesus wrote:I personally consider Super Mario RPG to be up there with FF7 for my 'most overrated game' award. I don't think it even comes close to the Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi series, or in fact many of its contemporary RPGs of the time.

Quoted for truth!

I appreciate Super Mario RPG in the sense that without it, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi probably wouldn't exist.

Other than that, it has absolutely nothing on the other two.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

CFFJR wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I personally consider Super Mario RPG to be up there with FF7 for my 'most overrated game' award. I don't think it even comes close to the Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi series, or in fact many of its contemporary RPGs of the time.

Quoted for truth!

I appreciate Super Mario RPG in the sense that without it, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi probably wouldn't exist.

Other than that, it has absolutely nothing on the other two.

That's good news in a way... it means I don't have to feel bad about not forking over $45 to get a copy.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

1. Kung-Fu NES *new*

I beat this game in less than seven minutes just to get this thread back on topic.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

alienjesus wrote:
Violent By Design wrote:I didn't like Paper Mario at all when it first came out, I thought it was blasphemous compared to Super Mario RPG.

As opposed to Mario RPG, where each character has about 2 usable moves at any one time anyhow~?

As compared to most RPGs, that have...more than 2 usable moves at any one time.