Gonna dive into Neo Geo AES collecting. Talk me down?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Gonna dive into Neo Geo AES collecting. Talk me down?

Post by Luke »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Who knows, once (and if) we get the firmware update and some more physical games, the Neo Geo X might be a nice alternative to all this stuff.

That "console" worries me.

To me the AES is the only console I would consider as a luxury to have and to collect for. I can't justify the price of it and its games when I can get SNK Classics for cheap. But I do understand the collecting side of it, but for me it is simply too damned much for a system I wouldn't play that often.
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Friendly accommodating folks would come flocking to the thread offering great advice.

:lol:
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

So, i'm 2 months into the AES scene and have 22 games, including a couple repeats of games I have on MVS (Ghost Pilots, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Blazing Star-conversion).

I really need to make a choice to focus on one or the other.

Not even sure i'm looking for advice, just talking out loud, I guess. A bit torn atm on which route to go...first world stuff, eh?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it's tricky Mike. Knowing your love of shelf eye-candy, the AES is certainly appealing. But how appealing? I mean at the end of the day is it worth the $$$ to have these cases when you could really go MVS for much cheaper? Probably have a bigger collection of MVS for the same price? And be just as happy playing the actual games?
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

If you decide to stick with AES, send me a pm about your mvs dupes!

I vote if you are happy having the complete box experience, you might as well keep trucking brother.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I'm going to go with Brad on this one.

Joking aside, they're both right. It is a bit useless to go the AES route. I personally never understood it. A consolized MVS is much more attractive to me than the same thing but more expensive. On the other hand, ultimately it's you and your family's decision how to spend that money. If it means that much to you, why not?
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

People who have AES are collectors.
People who have both are collectors.
People who have just MVS are gamers.

You, Mike, are a collector. You can be both a gamer and collector but since you now have complete AES kits and carts you are more collector than gamer.

Waste of money. Complete your MVS collection and don't look back. Come back to being a true gamer.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

chupon wrote:People who have AES are collectors.

You, Mike, are a collector. You can be both a gamer and collector but since you now have complete AES kits and carts you are more collector than gamer.

Waste of money. Complete your MVS collection and don't look back. Come back to being a true gamer.

What a ridiculous claim!

I only have mvs and I collect and play. Don't question mike. He is a huge gamer as anybody on this site. Nobody cares how many hours you log on call of duty or wow. Don't slam him because he has a better job than you.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:
chupon wrote:People who have AES are collectors.

What a ridiculous claim!

I only have mvs and I collect and play. Don't question mike. He is a huge gamer as anybody on this site. Nobody cares how many hours you log on call of duty or wow. Don't slam him because he has a better job than you.

I was gonna say that was nicely said Chupon. I don't think that what was he was getting at Brad, with the ''I am better than you" theory.

I was gonna say Mike should add his new game room I read about some where on here and buy 20 4 Slot MVS cabs to fill it with, that would be way cooler and probably cost the same after building another room on to his house.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Bradtemple87 wrote:Nobody cares how many hours you log on call of duty or wow. Don't slam him because he has a better job than you.

lol.

Anyway, I'd sell those AES games. No reason to keep them now that the new Neo Geo X game cards are coming out.