Non-PC retro computer gaming thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
marurun

Re: Non-PC retro computer gaming thread

Post by marurun »

Some of those Commodore color monitors that accept composite video are actually great screens for other composite-only classic consoles.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ApolloBoy
128-bit

Post by ApolloBoy »

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:@ noise - No game carts with your C64? Plug it in the big screen (has Composite and SVideo option) before you sell it, an untapped huge library of video "console" games to discover. Throw in tons and tons of floppies of unique obscure games and 2600 controller compatibility.

the whole reason I don't want to keep it is because I don't want another library to collect for. I've been very happy as a non-collector for years. I had a momentary lapse, and immediately realized it was an error.

Why not get an SD2IEC? You wouldn't have to collect any games that way and no finicky 1541 to deal with either.
Own: 2600, 2DS, 2DS XL, 360 S, 5200, 7800, 800, 800XL, AES, Amiga 600, C64, C64C, CV, DC, Duo-R, GB, GBA, GBA SP, GBC, GBP, Genesis 2, GG, JP SMS, Lynx, Mark III, Mega CD II, MD, MSX2+, N64, NES, NES top loader, Nomad, PCE, PSX, PS2, RetroUSB AVS, SAT, SFC, SG-1000 II, SMS, SNES mini, Switch, TE, Twin Fami, VIC-20, Wii, XEGS
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've never been interested in flash carts, etc. In my head if I'm gonna do that I could just as easily emulate on PC. Anyway, like I previously said
I really don't need it and definitely won't use it often enough to justify the space it's taking up.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so just to confirm, nobody is interested in a C64 w/ disk drive then? I mean I'd much rather deal with a buddy than ebay. With that in mind, I'll be glad to give a good buddy price, or entertain partial trades.