Together RPG - Skies of Arcadia - 8/4 -> 10/4

Level up here
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Skies of Arcadia - 8/4 -> 10/4

Post by Exhuminator »

Stark wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:I still don't understand what Sega was thinking with the Dreamcast controller's dangle cord hanging out the front by default.

It has to do with the VMU slot. They had that little notch for the cord. ;)

Couldn't the cord have just originated outward from where that notch began?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

MrPopo wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my head around anyone who prefers the Dreamcast controller to anything.

Completely agree with you on this. I really dislike that controller though I really like the GameCube controller.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

jmbarnes101 wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my head around anyone who prefers the Dreamcast controller to anything.

Completely agree with you on this. I really dislike that controller though I really like the GameCube controller.

That is not crazy at all. The Gamecube has two thumbsticks and ergonomic buttons that look weird, but are very comfortable. The only plus-sides to the Dreamcast controller is the VMU itself, which was way ahead of its time and was a victim of current technologies and the other plus was it had a better d-pad than the gamecube.

OTher than that it isn't that good.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I realised lately that the quality of the controller has a massive impact on the games that I buy.

I love basically all Nintendo controllers, and I buy a lot of games for all my Nintendo systems. But I'm a big Nintendo fan, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Or maybe not. My leats favourite Nintendo controller is the NES one. It's not that I don't like it (I do), but it's been improved on a lot. It's basically the Nintendo system I buy the least games for.

I'm also a fairly big Sega fan. I love their systems a lot, and I'm a massive fan of the Saturn and the 6 button Mega Drive controllers. I have quite large libraries for both of those systems. I find the Master System controller to be OK, and have a reasonable collection for the system, but I definitely seek out SMS games less frequently. I very rarely buy Dreamcast games and I really don't like the controller for that console.

I'm not a fan of the Dualshock because I think the analogue sticks are placed awfully. I don't buy a lot of stuff for PS2. I buy slightly more for PS1 because you use the d-pad more often. I buy a lot of stuff for PSP and Vita because you ca often use the d-pad too.

I basically never buy Xbox games, and it's not that I can't find anything I want. I could just buy Sega games for the system an be happy with my purchases. But that controller is so awful I never even consider buying games for the console.

True fact - I have owned 4 times as many unique Virtual Boy games as I own XBox games. On another note - I quite like the Virtual Boy controller.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

My controller of choice for last generation was the 360 controller. Outside of the d-pad, it's got the right tightness on the analog sticks, the triggers feel good, and everything seems laid out in a sane manner.

I'm starting to cotton a little more to the Wii U Pro Controller, too. Just took some time to get used to the analog stick placement.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Sarge wrote:My controller of choice for last generation was the 360 controller. Outside of the d-pad, it's got the right tightness on the analog sticks, the triggers feel good, and everything seems laid out in a sane manner.

I'm starting to cotton a little more to the Wii U Pro Controller, too. Just took some time to get used to the analog stick placement.

That wii u pro controller battery life!

On topic though I am moving to a new place next week and I am replacing my dreamcast with the GameCube for a while on my TV Stand and will finally beat skies of Arcadia! Is it strange that I have both versions and have only played it for about 5 hours? Shame on me!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Nah, if your backlog / collection looks anything like mine, there are far more games that I'd like to sink time into than I actually have time for. :(
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The Wii U GamePad sucks as a controller. I feel like I'm holding a boat when I use one. Also glossy exteriors can burn in hell.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I've gotten used to that, but it can feel a bit clunky sometimes depending on the game. I wrecked Super Mario 3D World using it. It's a lot better than it looks. I just wish the battery life were a bit better on it. I need to look at one of those higher-capacity batteries.

I agree regarding glossy surfaces. I'm not a big fan of fingerprint magnets. I mean, it looks great for all of what, a few minutes? All downhill from there.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I wasn't implying it isn't functional, just that I don't find it ergonomic.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.