Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
MrEco
Next-Gen

Re: Project Beast hype thread

Post by MrEco »

Sony has apparently given me a time limit on when to buy a PlayStation 4 now, because Bloodborne has been confirmed for a release date of February 6th, 2015.

Oh boy my wallet. :lol:
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrEco
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by MrEco »

Ooh, geez, ignore what I said about that February 6th release. I forgot to update this thread when the release date was pushed back, it's now March 24th. :lol:

So, with just twenty days to go, who else is planning on picking the game up?

I've got a pre-order set down for the collectors edition. It's basically the perfect kind of collectors edition for me. $80, just $20 more than the standard price of a game, seems perfectly reasonable to me. Comes with an art book, steel book case for the game, digital soundtrack, and a big box to hold it all in. I'm a real sucker for art books and big boxes, those alone are worth $20 extra for me. It's a bummer that the soundtrack is download only, but it's still nice to have, and the steel book case I can take or leave it but it looks nice.

I've already had a PS4 for a few weeks now. Bought it mostly for this game so far, though I've got a couple others. Pretty much can't be more excited for Bloodborne. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, I think this could turn out to be my game of the year. And I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever said that about a game on such short notice.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Anybody playing this yet? I just put in about 20 minutes at work and it's fantastic.

Love the atmosphere and it definitely is a Souls game. Shields are gone, but in are guns, which you use to stun lock dudes before taking them out. Can't wait to get home and eat dinner and get the kids in bed and watch an episode so the wife is happy and then finally play some more of this game!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Soon as I battle through this lovely Seattle evening traffic I'll be booting up my PS4 for the first time in a year.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Stark wrote:Anybody playing this yet? I just put in about 20 minutes at work and it's fantastic.

Love the atmosphere and it definitely is a Souls game. Shields are gone, but in are guns, which you use to stun lock dudes before taking them out. Can't wait to get home and eat dinner and get the kids in bed and watch an episode so the wife is happy and then finally play some more of this game!

Thanks to Amazon I don't have my copy yet, but it should be coming tomorrow. I'll be giving my impressions as soon as I've put some time into it.

Also, an interesting thing I had spoiled for me about the gameplay:
Apparently there is at least one shield in the game that you can find and equip at some point fairly late in the game. It's absolute rubbish though, and the item description makes fun of people who rely on shields too much, lol.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The lack of shields makes me sad. I always used to go through these games taking a very slow approach and had my shield up at all times; then I'd drop it and go evasive when it makes sense. I have to relearn how to make it through.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:The lack of shields makes me sad. I always used to go through these games taking a very slow approach and had my shield up at all times; then I'd drop it and go evasive when it makes sense. I have to relearn how to make it through.

Seems if you use the gun to stop their attack animation, instead of absorbing the blow on a shield it works out ok for me so far. Not that I'm too far yet, but it seems similar to me where I do ok unless I get mobbed by 3 or 4 dudes at once.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

I'll have my copy tomorrow hopefully. I was too cheap to pay for release day delivery and did the 2-day delivery with Amazon instead. I am regretting this.

I am foaming at the mouth for this game. I need it!!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Fuck me. Still not shipped. It's been stuck in this same status for like five days now. Stupid Best Buy. :x

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 2.32.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 2.32.54 PM.png (89.27 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

That's a bummer dude, I was interested in hearing your take, since you didn't get into the others. Am I remembering that right?