How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

Post by GSZX1337 »

pierrot wrote:
MulishaSoldier929 wrote:Found out last night that they made a sequel(Sparkster), is that as good as RKA?

Short answer: Not really.

That pretty much sums it up, but I'd still like to talk more about it.
Neither of the Sparkster games are as good as their predecessor. They're not bad in the least. On their own the two Sparksters are solid 16-bit platformers. Rocket Knight Adventures is just a superior game. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's just something about RKA that puts it above the sequels in my mind.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
MulishaSoldier929
32-bit

Post by MulishaSoldier929 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
pierrot wrote:
MulishaSoldier929 wrote:Found out last night that they made a sequel(Sparkster), is that as good as RKA?

Short answer: Not really.

That pretty much sums it up, but I'd still like to talk more about it.
Neither of the Sparkster games are as good as their predecessor. They're not bad in the least. On their own the two Sparksters are solid 16-bit platformers. Rocket Knight Adventures is just a superior game. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's just something about RKA that puts it above the sequels in my mind.

When I saw they made a sequel I quick went to youtube and watched a couple videos. The action looked just as good but something with the level design just looked "off" compared to RKA. Without ever playing it tho, I couldn't tell if it was better or not and worth purchasing.
Beer it go good with pizza
cowboyscowboys
8-bit

Post by cowboyscowboys »

Sometimes Sparkster on the Genesis gets overly criticized because it isn't quite as good as the original. Judged on it's own it is definitely one of the better platformers for the system.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Anyone know if the Mega Drive version of Zombies ate my neighbors is as good as the SNES one?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

ZeroAX wrote:Anyone know if the Mega Drive version of Zombies ate my neighbors is as good as the SNES one?

Short answer: no, it's not.

Long answer: http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/comparisons-zombies.html
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ZeroAX wrote:Anyone know if the Mega Drive version of Zombies ate my neighbors is as good as the SNES one?

Is any Genesis game as good as its SNES counterpart? :wink:
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

Is any Genesis game as good as its SNES counterpart? :wink:

Lion King, NBA Jam, WWF Royal Rumble, Ghouls N Ghosts, Ballz3D just to name a few. Zombies Ate My Neighbors is not one of them.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Wait, Ghouls N Ghosts and Super Ghouls N Ghosts aren't really the same game are they? I always thought they were different games altogether - or are they really close like Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist? I only own the Genesis game...

I agree about NBA Jam!

I was just being a dub anyway. I love Genesis.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Wait, Ghouls N Ghosts and Super Ghouls N Ghosts aren't really the same game are they? I always thought they were different games altogether - or are they really close like Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist? I only own the Genesis game...

No apparently you're right. I never played much of Super GnG, so I thought it was just GnG without multi-directional shooting. I am wrong! Still, I much, much prefer the Genesis Ghouls N Ghosts to the SNES Super Ghouls N Ghosts.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

TSTR wrote:

Short answer: no, it's not.

Long answer: http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/comparisons-zombies.html

Hm, I don't know from those screen shots I like the crappier colors of the Mega Drive version more :lol:

Plus it's much cheaper to get CIB (thank you plasttic boxes) so that's the version I will be getting I guess :)

Plus I believe the Mega Drive's amazing circle-pad is great for games like this.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.