What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Dennoman
8-bit

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Dennoman »

I saw The Adjustment Bureau. For free, thank heavens for that.

Rarely seen a movie take a turn for the worse like that in the last 30 minutes of it.

Also watching Cleopatra in honor of Liz Taylor. Good movie, though it gets a bit dull at certain points, much like any epic of the day.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Finally watched Endhiran/Enthiran/Robot yesterday with a group of friends. It was certainly full of cheese and random musical numbers, but it was a fun and very entertaining movie. The story had plenty of nods and cliches in it, but was pretty decent. I didn't notice beforehand that it was also 3 hours. Even though the DVD isn't perfect, it was still worth the $20+ I paid for it and I will certainly watch (and force others to watch) it again in future. Just don't bother with the '2-disc' version as the second is not extra making of or anything. One disc is Dolby and the other is DTS.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

i think the back to future series might be abc family's movie mascot; it seems it's on every other weekend. and it was on yesterday. i love the series and enjoyed watching it again...for probably the 20th time this year.
if you took a shit, please put it back
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 »

i lastly watched paul , this is an awesome movie and i highly recommend it :)
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I watched the Alien Director's Cut last night. It was pretty damn good. The series can only go downhill from here :lol:
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

^ Have you not seen the Alien series before? Cool movies. Have fun.

I felt that the second movie, Aliens, is the best in the series. So if you haven't seen them yet, you're in for the best one next. Alien 3 is good, just not as good as the first two. And Alien Resurrection sucked.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Redline9
24-bit

Post by Redline9 »

BurningDoom wrote:I loved Predator 2, but I also have a lot of love for the original. The only ones I didn't care for were the Aliens vs. Predators movies.

Speaking of the original Predator, I recently attended a screening of a 35mm print of the movie. The highlights of that screening can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-wXNjKa3g
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010) – When I heard that this documentary was a compelling look at street art, I had a lot of interest. I’ve long been curious about the late twentieth/early twenty-first century street art movement, the politics behind it, and the role of the web in preserving it. While the film is informative up to a certain point, I was generally unimpressed by the direction taken by the last half of the film (even if I understand fully why the film went there). It does do a good job of telling a story in an interesting fashion and for that it is worth seeing, but if you are hoping to learn very much about Banksy or the rest of the street art scene you may be underwhelmed and, ultimately, a bit disappointed.
Grade: 2.5/5

Damien: The Omen II (1978) – When I saw the original Omen film for the first time late last year I was really blown away by how good it was. I had heard the sequels dropped in quality – and based on The Omen II that is true – but it isn’t a precipitous drop and this film is certainly worth seeing. The first film had a standout performance by Gregory Peck, and I anticipated that that the sequel would be filled with much lesser actors. To my surprise, not only was the titular character played wonderfully by the young Jonathan Scott-Taylor, but the lead role is acted with conviction by an excellent-as-always William Holden (shortly after his performance in the seminal Network). It is shot quite well, has a fantastic score (almost as good as in the first film), many excellent set design choices, and other than a few death scenes that have aged poorly (and were probably never very good to begin with), is a compelling suspense film.
Grade: 3.5/5
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

The Other Guys and Due Date were pretty funny comedy films :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection