What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Google has IT certification courses for under 500$. ^^

I'm moved into the apartment, and my roommate (and long time friend) just moved in as well. I'll post a new thread with pics when we have it all cleaned up, and we get the last of the furniture we need.

The place is nice, and I've already made friends with a neighbor. We're going to watch the Ghost in The Shell movie tonight.

My only gripes-
There's like no cabinents or shelf space in the damn kitchen, or bathrooms! But they did make sure to put low hanging shelves above the built in desk that takes up an entire wall :evil: I had to take my monitor off its stand, put it on some books and Velcro tape it to the bottom part of the shelf because it wouldn't fit otherwise. My roommate can't fit his monitors at all. And of course these shelves are right above the 2 spaces in the desk you can push in a chair, so there's not a comfortable spot to put the monitor anywhere else.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Where you decide to live is all about trade-off isn't it? I think "quality of life" is so subjective when it comes to residence that you might as well throw it out the window unless you're moving to a second world country. People who only go home to sleep, shower, and eat do exist. I had a friend who usually showered at his gym and usually used his house just as a place to crash. Come to think of it, I never saw his apartment and for all I know he lived out of his car.

Smile: Two of my favorite things in my game room. I half-kidded for years about getting a security box at a bank for a few of my games. This year I pulled the trigger and now it takes a trip to a vault and the turn of two keys to access a few of my more valuable, less played titles.
Plus if I ever have important documents I now have a place other than a shoe box to put 'em.

Frown: First case of covid at a school where my wife works. It's a teacher. So begins the quarantines.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm 21! Gonna drink some Sapporo and smoke a cigar. Might go take a girl out, who knows.

My BST Thread
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I'm 21! Gonna drink some Sapporo and smoke a cigar. Might go take a girl out, who knows.

Congrats.

I remember my 21st birthday. It was so anti-climatic. I was stoked to go into a liquor store and buy some booze, but the clerk didn't even ask to see my ID. :lol:
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

NotLuke wrote:Where you decide to live is all about trade-off isn't it? I think "quality of life" is so subjective when it comes to residence that you might as well throw it out the window unless you're moving to a second world country. People who only go home to sleep, shower, and eat do exist. I had a friend who usually showered at his gym and usually used his house just as a place to crash. Come to think of it, I never saw his apartment and for all I know he lived out of his car.

Smile: Two of my favorite things in my game room. I half-kidded for years about getting a security box at a bank for a few of my games. This year I pulled the trigger and now it takes a trip to a vault and the turn of two keys to access a few of my more valuable, less played titles.
Plus if I ever have important documents I now have a place other than a shoe box to put 'em.

Frown: First case of covid at a school where my wife works. It's a teacher. So begins the quarantines.

He misspelled your name lol
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Ziggy587 wrote:Congrats.

I remember my 21st birthday. It was so anti-climatic. I was stoked to go into a liquor store and buy some booze, but the clerk didn't even ask to see my ID. :lol:

The same thing happened to me and I was buying a keg. Kegs kinda lost their magic after that.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I remember the first time I drove by myself after I got my license. I thought it'd be like, "Whoooooaaaaaaeeeeeeew!" and Born to be Wild would be playing on the radio or something. Instead, I drove to work and there was nothing noteworthy about it.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Adulting has a habit of ruining special birthday landmarks that way.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I got day drunk and had my internet installed after not having wifi here for a week. Made a really good friend in my neighbor, and he came over and hung out with me and my room mate. All in all, pretty good birthday. Unfortunately no date tonight,but plenty of fish in the sea.

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I'm now getting referred to the mental health hospital here for group therapy for psychosis. So glad that I might finally have a way to treat it better soon.